Discussion topic: TV never connected to internet/ internet not working - please help

This message was authored by kmccarron1 This message was authored by: kmccarron1

TV never connected to internet/ internet not working - please help

IMG_5186.jpeg

IMG_5185.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

I feel like this is my last desperate attempt to get this resolved. Every time we turn on the TV it says 'it doesn't look like you are connected the the internet right now' (images attached) this is a daily occurrence and the tv upstairs can't connect at all the majority of the time (image also attached). 
we are constantly having to use 5g rather than WiFi on our phones as this also never works! I have called sky on several occasions and they have told me twice now that they are going to refund me £25 as the boost box simply isn't working. This hasn't yet happened. We are literally paying for a service that doesn't work!! We have an office upstairs which we worked from (when working from home) this now no longer works either! We have had to set everything up downstairs and use an Ethernet cable which runs through the house - it's just not acceptable. I pay almost £120 a month for this and I simply don't know what to do. I have booked in an engineer but they can't come out until 26th September!! It's not acceptable. Every time I speak to someone at sky they seem to make so many promises and nothing is ever followed up on - especially taking off the £25. I doubt this will ever even happen. Just as an example, I have started to write down what has been happening each day and this is only 3 days worth. Bear in mind that this has been happening for the most part of this year! See below:

4th September

• internet not working on main tv (won’t connect to apps/ home page etc)
  • Entire tv not working upstairs, won’t connect to box

5th September

• had to re-start internet
  • Have to use 5g as WiFi not working on phones
  • Tv still shows as not being connected to internet after re-starting
  • Tv not connecting to internet all day after that
  • Have to work from home with Ethernet cable

6th September

• Tv no connection to internet, have to re-start again
  • Turn everything off and on, still no internet

I simply don't know what to do at this point. Sky seem to have no interest whatsoever and I'm paying such a high amount for a service that just doesn't work! I had an employee tell me that she's personally going to look after my case and ensure the money is refunded and low and behold, it's still not happened. I just don't need this at the moment. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Helen154 This message was authored by: Helen154

Re: TV never connected to internet/ internet not working - please help

Need to reduce deal

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: TV never connected to internet/ internet not working - please help

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Ok the box upstairs will most likely never work if the main box doesn't have a connection. It's completely dependent on it.

You are on Sky broadband I assume?

What bost device are you refereing to?

Where is the router relative to the Q and mini?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion