Discussion topic: TNT Sports 18 Months.!

This message was authored by C.Mason This message was authored by: C.Mason

TNT Sports 18 Months.!

Been looking at the options for TNT Sports and although all the other sports packages are 31 day rolling contracts, (which I also had with BT Sport on SkyQ through Plusnet) the TNT Sports add on is an 18 month contract. I only need the channel for MotoGP so this effectively means that for 6 months, while MotoGP is on its winter break I'll be paying for a channel that I won't be watching. Why is TNT the only add on with an 18 month contract and what other option do I have.? Apart from illegal ones.

Best Answers
C.Mason
Topic Author
This message was authored by C.Mason This message was authored by: C.Mason Answer

Re: TNT Sports 18 Months.!

Still £28 just cancellable with 30 days notice.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@C.Mason wrote:
Been looking at the options for TNT Sports and although all the other sports packages are 31 day rolling contracts, (which I also had with BT Sport on SkyQ through Plusnet) the TNT Sports add on is an 18 month contract. I only need the channel for MotoGP so this effectively means that for 6 months, while MotoGP is on its winter break I'll be paying for a channel that I won't be watching. Why is TNT the only add on with an 18 month contract and what other option do I have.? Apart from illegal ones.

Hi @C.Mason 

No different to Sky Sports and Sky Cinema.

Both 18 month contracts.

C.Mason
Topic Author

Sky Sports Cricket £22 31 Day

Sky Sports Football £22 31 Day

Sky Sports Premier League £22 31 Day

Sky Sports Action & Arena £22 31 Day

Sky Sports Golf £22 31 Day

TNT Sports £28 18 Months.!! 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@C.Mason wrote:

TNT Sports £28 18 Months.!! 

Important to note that Sky cannot dictate what Warner Bros Discovery charge for TNT Sports, just like they couldn't when it was BT Sport.

WBD presumably need to demonstrate to their stockholders that they are likely to get a return from their considerable investment.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
C.Mason
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood True, but I don't think they're going to get that return if they keep pricing people out of the market. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@C.Mason 

Quite possibly: my point was just that comparing TNT to Sky pricing isn't necessarily enlightening.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@C.Mason wrote:

@C.MasonHave you tried calling Sky as sometimes they can offer a rolling 31 day contract over the phone ??

(at least they used to for BT sports albeit at a slightly higher price than 18 months contract )

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
C.Mason
Topic Author

Yes, and they did. Thanks. 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@C.Mason wrote:

Yes, and they did. Thanks. 

Great, do you mind telling us how much you got the rolling contract price at ?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
C.Mason
Topic Author
This message was authored by C.Mason This message was authored by: C.Mason Answer

Still £28 just cancellable with 30 days notice.

This message was authored by Barbieboy This message was authored by: Barbieboy

Thanks, I am in exactly the same position.

It's a pita that it has to be done on the phone (removed) but also £28 and requiring a 31 day notice of cancellation.

Moderator note: Removed personal/identifiable details

This message was authored by RichL74 This message was authored by: RichL74

Did you get anything in writing / email to say you only have to give 31 days notice?

This message was authored by Dave+Christie This message was authored by: Dave+Christie

I have had a similar problem. So I simply cancelled TNT on Sky. I am unaware that Sky demand an 18month contract for TNT. Sky seem to think they can con us all when TNT on Discovery, free with Sky, is a rolling monthly contract. Like the BT monthly pass.  My sport is PL football which I will still get on Sky as I am a paid up subscriber to Sky sports. I was with BT sport and was seamlessly ejected onto tnt on the main platform. Obviously BT sport is now tnt, so Sky management have made a major blunder here by blaming Warner who own TNT. Sky are bigger than Warner. Yet they let Warner walk all over them.  I was paying Sky for half what I was getting with them viz PL/CL on BT and the mobile options. Now non existent on Sky. This has caused outrage on this forum. So instead of missing the occasional (Spurs) game on tnt I have saved £29 a month. With the option of taking an odd month with TNT when we are on their channel. So if every disgruntled PL/CL fan does this Sky will lose millions, which they should have thought about as it is all their fault. So ditch Sky, buy TNT outright or just the odd month. Discover is actually quite a good channel. COYS 

This message was authored by EQ1 This message was authored by: EQ1

I found out this problem. I used to get BT sport but on SkyQ. But then just because name changed to TNT sport. I now can get TNT on SKYQ? But even though I am on Discovery+ I can not get TNTsport other channels....I found out after talking tech if you are register to discovery+ via Sky you pay Sky but if you register with your BT email you pay BT so login with your BT and most of us got a package that Includes discovery+

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Barbieboy wrote:

Thanks, I am in exactly the same position.

It's a pita that it has to be done on the phone (removed) but also £28 and requiring a 31 day notice of cancellation.

Moderator note: Removed personal/identifiable details

You wait til you find out the cancellation has to be done via tatooed unicorn 😉

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion