Discussion topic: TNT SPORTS 2HD AND TNT SPORTS 4HD THE ONLY TWO CHANNELS NOT WORKING

This message was authored by JRobz This message was authored by: JRobz

TNT SPORTS 2HD AND TNT SPORTS 4HD THE ONLY TWO CHANNELS NOT WORKING

I had Sky Q installed today, and I can not view two specific channels - TNT Sports 2 HD, and TNT Sports 4 HD.

The reason given 'channel is currently affected by problem with you satelite signal'. 

I do not understand as TNT Sports 1 HD + TNT Sports Ultimate is working as well as every other channel in my package. It is only those two channels that display this message. Can anyone help?

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: TNT SPORTS 2HD AND TNT SPORTS 4HD THE ONLY TWO CHANNELS NOT WORKING

Upon checking lyngsat, TNT Sports 2 HD and 4 HD are on the 28.5 sat which is lightly more east than the 28.2 sat but they are so close together you can get them on the same dish as long as it is correctly aligned,

It seems your dish isn't alligned correctly. 

I would contact Sky to get a re-visit to correct the dish alignment

On another note do you get the same error with Create and Craft (Channel number 673)

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
JRobz
Topic Author

Thanks for the response, thats interesting - it does look like its a satelite alignment issue.

However this is a communal dish in a block of flats - I dont think Sky can send an engineer our for communcal dish issues?

I checked 673 and this also is not working!

@JRobz 

Do you have 2 satellite cables going into the back of the box or 1 ? 

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
JRobz
Topic Author

Looks like just its just one cable.

@JRobz 

Bet you any money the Sky engineer forgot to set dSCR mode

Try this to see if it fixes things 

Press the Home button and navigate to Settings without selecting it. Once Settings is highlighted, press 0 0 1 then press select to enter the hidden menu. In the Setup section, locate the LNB type option. Scroll right to choose between Wideband or SCR.

Select SCR for your setting

JRobz
Topic Author

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Unfortunately weh i get to entering 0 0 1 nothing seems to happen

@JRobz 

Sorry I missed out a step, it's 0 0 1 then press select.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JRobz wrote:

Thanks for the response, thats interesting - it does look like its a satelite alignment issue.

However this is a communal dish in a block of flats - I dont think Sky can send an engineer our for communcal dish issues?

I checked 673 and this also is not working!

@JRobz I would think its more likely a weak transponder Sky can send out a MDU engineer who can test the trasponders and they then should send a copy of the result to you  so if there is a problem you can report it to management company who then need to arrange for the problem to be fixed

@Godfrey is our resident communual expert  

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

@ThePope27 wrote:

Bet you any money the Sky engineer forgot to set dSCR mode

If the Sky Q receiver LNB mode was incorrectly configured, then I would expect that absolutely no satellite transponder signals would be available, not just a few.

Godfrey.

May be plausible that only 1 polarity of channels work.

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

@JRobz 

It begs the question, why did the original Sky installer not have this problem immediately drawn to their attention during their scan of all the satellite transponder signals.

If the next Sky Multiple Development Unit (MDU) trained engineer lets you look at their Televes H30 test meter, then this is what a typical adequate communal installation should resemble.

IMG_9374.JPG

Every satellite transponder signal should comfortably achieve a Modulation Error Ratio (MER) quality in excess of 11 dB.

Godfrey.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion