Discussion topic: Squirrel broadband download issues

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Downloading via squirrel broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Msmith59  As this is a customer helps customer forum we can't tell you when the issue has been fixed, threats to cancel both in the public forum or by PM (which I don't reply to) won't have any affect as like you I'm a customer, not a member of staff, as already posted I have flagged this to Sky, therefore you will need to wait for any updates on this thread.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Squirrel broadband download issues

@Daniel132131232 wrote:

"Our backoffice team has completed some works so if you are in a similar situation please try the actions again. " - Its a Sky Issue.

So they think they've fixed it for this IP range?

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Msmith59, I've escalated your post to a Community Messaging adviser to have a private chat, they'll take your details and send them to support teams internally.

Look out for the chat bubble appearing on your Community screen, for more information on Community Messaging you can see here.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Msmith59 , I’ve sent you an invite you to a private chat to help with this. 
Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

@Daniel132131232 has your issue been resolved?

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Daniel132131232 This message was authored by: Daniel132131232

Hi Chloe. I am from the ISP in question. Trying to push Sky. Have you update your geo IP filter for the range 154.49.80.0/22 so the shared customers can download via their Sky boxes?

This message was authored by Frankie16 This message was authored by: Frankie16

We have recently got Squirrel fibre broadband and have since had real problems accessing the internet on our sky q box. We're currently unable to download anything as the location check is failing. Reached out to Squrriel who told me to post here and said it's because Sky's system is dramatically out of date. Can someone please help?

This message was authored by Daniel132131232 This message was authored by: Daniel132131232

@Chloe-W22 Why are you deleting my responses? Squirrel are commited to fixing this issue for the shared customers. Sky deleting the posts, shows the opposite attitude. Lets work together to fix the issue for the shared customers?

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

@Frankie16 wrote:

We have recently got Squirrel fibre broadband and have since had real problems accessing the internet on our sky q box. We're currently unable to download anything as the location check is failing. Reached out to Squrriel who told me to post here and said it's because Sky's system is dramatically out of date. Can someone please help?

Hi @Frankie16 

I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll then have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll just need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Frankie16 to chat.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Rather than talking to each individual customer which seems quite inefficient, would it be quicker to just talk to Daniel at Squirrel and get the subnet range updated in one hit?

Posted by a Sky employee

@Daniel132131232 wrote:

@Chloe-W22 Why are you deleting my responses? Squirrel are commited to fixing this issue for the shared customers. Sky deleting the posts, shows the opposite attitude. Lets work together to fix the issue for the shared customers?

Hi @Daniel132131232 

Your posts were moved last night automatically due to forum filters rather than an individual deciding to move them 🙂 

We believe the issue has now been fixed and are awaiting the users who have spoken with our Community Messaging Team to confirm that to now be the case.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

Ah I see. Glad to know thanks!

I do encourage sky to have a mailbox for such issues to be raised company to company. You can find ours and most companies NOC emails on PeeringDB. Perhaps you can publish one 🙂

Posted by a Sky employee

@Daniel132131232 wrote:

Ah I see. Glad to know thanks!

I do encourage sky to have a mailbox for such issues to be raised company to company. You can find ours and most companies NOC emails on PeeringDB. Perhaps you can publish one 🙂

Our details for that are present on PeeringDB under Sky Broadband @Daniel132131232  🙂

Daniel
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion