Discussion topic: Spotify - no sound

This message was authored by Biskitbass This message was authored by: Biskitbass

Spotify - no sound

Hi. Over the last couple of days I've noticed when using my Sky Q 2TB box to play Spotify the tracks look like they're playing (on screen) but there is no sound either through my TV or AV system. Has anyone else noticed this recently? I know there are previous threads re Spotify issues on these boxes from last year

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by PVFC+Ade This message was authored by: PVFC+Ade

Re: Spotify - no sound

Exactly the same, issue started about two weeks ago. Plays first few tracks then no volume. 

This message was authored by PVFC+Ade This message was authored by: PVFC+Ade

Just checked and also no video or sound from any app within apps menu

Biskitbass
Topic Author
This message was authored by Biskitbass This message was authored by: Biskitbass

I have since noticed several users posting this issue. The only fix at the moment seems to require resetting the box. Sky seem to be aware of the issue but no clue as yet when it's likely to be fixed. So at the moment Spotify on sky is a no go 😞

This message was authored by Walkermoore This message was authored by: Walkermoore

I am having same problem with Spotify on sky keeps stopping and freezing. It must be the link between sky and Spotify as I can get Spotify to play perfectly on a amazon fire stick and smart TV.

This message was authored by BexB86 This message was authored by: BexB86

Spotify has no sound after about 3 songs .have to reset q box ? Done the upgrade software still no different!

Biskitbass
Topic Author

I tried it again today... About 5 sings in, same thing. Come on Sky, can you issue a fix please?

This message was authored by kerrylea1991 This message was authored by: kerrylea1991

I have been having the same issue with Spotify for the past month

when I come out of Spotify I then have a black screen on sky and can't get any picture etc so I then have to completely switch power off (at the wall) and then restart 

I have even updated all the apps etc 

This message was authored by Sandsl This message was authored by: Sandsl

Same here Spotify plays up no sound after a few songs or if it works Sky stops with black screen

Come on Sky

This message was authored by EveAndStu This message was authored by: EveAndStu

Same problem here. Can sky confirm on this thread that it is being looked into as otherwise may as well cancel spotify 

This message was authored by Jimbo2015 This message was authored by: Jimbo2015

I have the exact same issue 

This message was authored by KathL75 This message was authored by: KathL75

Exactly same here, plays one Spotify track, then no volume but remains on screen looking like it's playing. Reset is useless. 

However, reset for black screen so no preview on recordings and TV guide works. 

SKY please respond. 

This message was authored by PaulWim This message was authored by: PaulWim

Same issue for myself.  Right royal pain when you just want to listen to some music then have to reset your skybox every few songs.  Not good enough.  Come on Sky - an update please.  You're getting a lot of money off me each month

This message was authored by Freckzz This message was authored by: Freckzz

Same issue here. 

Really annoying but works fine through Google home. 

This message was authored by GentlemanBadger This message was authored by: GentlemanBadger

Same here. Happens more on my Sky mini box upstairs. Really frustrating. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion