Discussion topic: Sound dropout on main event

This message was authored by Gray1111 This message was authored by: Gray1111

Re: Sound dropping on UHD on sky q

Same here, been happening a few weeks now.

This happened a few years back too and was eventually fixed with a software update.

Hopefully another fix is on the way.

This message was authored by TangerineDream1 This message was authored by: TangerineDream1

Same problem here....very annoying.

However, as someone previously suggested, pause the live stream for a couple of seconds, then play....its works, but not ideal.

Sky need to get a fix sorted....asap

This message was authored by -WhatsGoingOn This message was authored by: -WhatsGoingOn

It's the constant micro sound dropout stutters that's really bothering me. Anyone from Sky got anything on this. It is only on the UHD channels!

This message was authored by mark.bates This message was authored by: mark.bates

Re: Split second sound drop out

Glad it's not just me. It's on 401 and getting the same drops. I'm not resetting because of all the issues pairing my remote up with my soundbox. 

I've got a Sky Q box with a Sky Delevet Soundbox. Connected via optical. 

This message was authored by Mr+Penrice This message was authored by: Mr+Penrice

Another option I've found is that if you press pause for a few seconds then play, the dropouts disappear. 

This message was authored by Jambo83 This message was authored by: Jambo83

Re: Intermittent sound dropout on SkyspME UHD Ch 401

It also happens on UHD recordings, particularly toward the end. We were watching The Door episode of GOT and missed them saying Hold the Door.

This message was authored by Andy1141 This message was authored by: Andy1141

I've just followed someone's tip on here and briefly paused it on main event uhd for 2 seconds and then played and seems to have fixed the issue. However we shouldn't have to do this for a fix

This message was authored by BigH This message was authored by: BigH

This started over a week ago on Sport Main Event. The football was fine today on Red button from 402, but has the intermittent issue on 401, even though both streams have Atmos Audio.

Not sure if that helps as a short term work around

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

Same here, second weekend in a row.

Be nice if Sky could admit there is a problem and they are working on a resolution....

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990
This message was authored by mark.bates This message was authored by: mark.bates

Since I've done that it's not dropped out... 

maybe it's the live signal that's the issue although Sky would never admit it

This message was authored by steviela72 This message was authored by: steviela72

2 workarounds I've found 

401 pause for a second and then play.

402 and the select to get UHD. 

Sky needs to sort this out.

This message was authored by Corbo This message was authored by: Corbo

It's not good enough mate. They'd be quick to sort it out if there was a mass exodus of customers 

This message was authored by Jholli This message was authored by: Jholli

I'm having the same problem on 401. Tried the pause but hasn't worked.......very annoying!

This message was authored by Colin621 This message was authored by: Colin621

Mine does exactly the same and makes uhd very annoying and a waste of money. It has only just started to do it. I have a sony tv and sony soundbar.

This message was authored by Corbo This message was authored by: Corbo

That's what makes it all more annoying with the amount we're paying sky plus a decent set up TV wise. Mines a hisensse qled so for it to be a crap service its heart breaking 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion