Discussion topic: Sound dropout on main event

This message was authored by Corbo This message was authored by: Corbo

Re: Intermittent sound dropout on SkyspME UHD Ch 401

I'm having trouble with uhd sound drop out. Tried calling but getting nowhere anyone got a suggestion?

This message was authored by Moonchild666 This message was authored by: Moonchild666

Not your equipment.   Having exactly the same issue on the same channel.  Feel this is a UHD issue and simply not good enough considering how much we are all paying.  Sort this out Sky!  Poor form. 

This message was authored by AFR This message was authored by: AFR

Re: Sound stutter on main event

Same for me. Stutters every min or so, for a split second. Noticed whilst watching the football today in UHD. Doesn't happen on other channels (tested BBC 1 no issue) 

Just this minute got off the phone to sky who fobbed me off with turn off the box an try again. Asked to speak with a supervisor or manager but was told they could only do whatever she was doing to help me, think a cancellation call might be on the way. 

I've had the issue around a week now. Tried settlings turning box on an off but nothing. 

This message was authored by professor1999 This message was authored by: professor1999

I have exactly the same issue and noticed it for at least a couple of weeks.  Only on sport uhd 401,  no issues on 402 in HD. 

This message was authored by Jambo83 This message was authored by: Jambo83

I'm experiencing this too. I just switched to BBC One for a few minutes and no dropouts. I assume it is the broadcast of the match that is the issue?

I've noticed loads of people having the same issues. Surely they can surly it out. The money we're paying is a joke. Nearly took my month old TV back to curry's until I looked on here

This message was authored by anish1905 This message was authored by: anish1905

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

I can also confirm I have exactly the same problem. 

on 401 the sound cut offs during UHD Dolby atmos games, if you watch on PL and press ultra it works but Audio is out of sync. 

someone suggested to rewind a few seconds earlier and that just worked but not really a solution.  

How does this get escalated to solve as clearly there's a software issue here with the high bandwidth picture / audio

This message was authored by -WhatsGoingOn This message was authored by: -WhatsGoingOn

Re: Sound dropping on UHD on sky q

Something has to be broken your end SKY. HD channel works fine. UHD is plagued with constant sound dropouts. This needs fixed ASAP. Not good.

This message was authored by The+boy+himself This message was authored by: The+boy+himself

Exactly the same problem here, been happening for a couple of weeks now - actually, when I first turned it on, sound was disconnected to mouth so I had to start it again to overcome that problem. Not getting any information about what the problem is so far - absolutely only h happening on the main event uhd channel.

This message was authored by Nicholas+Parker This message was authored by: Nicholas+Parker

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

Exactly the same here, needs sorting. 

This message was authored by BrianMurr This message was authored by: BrianMurr

Same issue noticed it last week and again today on sky sports uhd. The sound starts to fade then drops and after a few seconds comes.back to full volume. 

This message was authored by Thomo+Paul This message was authored by: Thomo+Paul

Same issue here. Had iton uhd channel last week too. Fine on all other channels. @@Sky please sort soon otherwise I question why I'm paying extra for the 'service'. 

This message was authored by Andy1141 This message was authored by: Andy1141

Mine is doing exactly the same, had to resort to watching on hd as things like this really wind me up. Pointless subscribing to it. Just tried Utd game and seems worse than ever. Tried getting it sorted by ringing but no help. Contract is up in 2 months and virgin just come to our area, might give them a go for a year or so

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion