Discussion topic: Sony TV freezing and rebooting with SKY Q

This message was authored by Stevan This message was authored by: Stevan

Sony TV freezing and rebooting with SKY Q

Hi - I have recently (October) purchased a Sony Bravia 8 tv and installed it with sky q box . I have the same issues as others mention with Tv freezing and randomly shutting down and rebooting. This only seems to happen on sky q both on live tv and playback ( not Apple TV ) . I have updated firmware on both and reset , turned off hdmi control , checked all energy settings and power off settings , all to no avail . I have also replaced sky q box and no joy. Issue occurred three times yesterday. Can anybody offer an update or solution on what appears to be an ongoing software issue ? Thanks in advance for any help. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TanerC This message was authored by: TanerC

Re: Sony TV freezing and rebooting with SKY Q

Man finally I found someone with the same issue it's been driving me crazy.  Have no idea what it is. Sky are saying it's the tv and Sony don't know why it's happening either. I thought the tv was faulty so had it exchanged and it still happens I also have Sony Bravia 8 and this only happens with sky q.  I'm going to have to cancel sky cos this ain't acceptable.

Also this didn't happen with my old Samsung tv so it's something to do with the Bravia 8 and ska q connection but definitely a sky issue otherwise the tv would be restarting while watching on other devices and ps5 too but it's not.  

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm sure other Sonys have had a similar issue. I think turning hdmi-cec off might help but is less convenient.

thanks I already did that and still have the issue so not sure what else 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On both the TV and Sky box?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion