Discussion topic: Someone set up my tv with their amazon prime log on but I want to change it to my own, how pls?

This message was authored by Mags-_ This message was authored by: Mags-_

Someone set up my tv with their amazon prime log on but I want to change it to my own, how pls?

Someone else set up my TV with their amazon prime account. I want to change this to my own prime account but it won't let me delete the old profile saying it is the main profile so can not be deleted. How can I change the account please? I do not have access to the other amazon account. Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

Re: Someone set up my tv with their amazon prime log on but I want to change it to my own, how pls?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mags-_ wrote:
Someone else set up my TV with their amazon prime account. I want to change this to my own prime account but it won't let me delete the old profile saying it is the main profile so can not be deleted. How can I change the account please? I do not have access to the other amazon account. Thanks

Hi @Mags-_ click on the profile name press the left arrow key so  Home is highlighted then scroll down to settings 

Select settings then scroll down to sign out then select sign out on the right

Once signed out of the old profile sign in using your own account.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Someone set up my tv with their amazon prime log on but I want to change it to my own, how pls?

hi @Mags-_ 

It should just be a case of logging out & then logging back in with your credentials

To Log out:

Left Arrow & then navigate down to settings

Then scroll right down to the bottom of the sub menu to 'Sign out' option which is initially off the screen (below Legal notices)

Mags-_
Topic Author

Hi Thanks for reply. When I press left arrow on remote nothing seems to happen. Is that actually in the amazon prime app on the TV screen on the 'who's watching' page as I don't have anything happen when pressing left arrow and no settings options come up. Thanks 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

@Mags-_ wrote:

Hi @Mags-_ click on the profile name press the left arrow key so  Home is highlighted then scroll down to settings 

Select settings then scroll down to sign out then select sign out on the right

Once signed out of the old profile sign in using your own account.

Mags-_
Topic Author

Ah thanks. Sorted. Thanks both x

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion