Slightly stuttering picture when using Sky App for streaming Netflix

Boom Operator
Post 16 of 25

Re: Slightly stuttering picture when using Sky App for streaming Netflix

Just thought i'd throw in my two pence.

I just got Sky Q and have noticed the same issue when watching Netflix through Q.

To anyone else they probably wont notice it. But, my eagle eyes see it. Don't have this issue using Netflix on my Xbox.

Runner
Post 17 of 25

After switching on the anti-stutter option there was an improvement but my eagle eyes still detected the problem. Perfect picture through the TV or PS4, though.

Boom Operator
Post 18 of 25

After speaking with Sky yesterday they told me to go to Settings  > Setup > Audio visual and turn the jutter reduction on. I assume this is the setting you are referring to?

I havent watched anything on Netflix yet though.

Runner
Post 19 of 25

Apologies, I meant jutter not stutter!  

Yes, that is the setting I was referring to. As I said, some improvent is there but not enough..

Boom Operator
Post 20 of 25

I wonder what it would look like if you changed your resolution from UHD to 1080

Camera Operator
Post 21 of 25

@bauerschild wrote:

I wonder what it would look like if you changed your resolution from UHD to 1080

Exactly the same, the judder is to do with temporal motion not resolution.

--
"There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes" - The Doctor.
Runner
Post 22 of 25

Stutter on sky q but then fine with Netflix via TV app.Problem for me is sky q account is in my name and partners account name on TV app.This creates a conflict which means I can no longer watch  It on the tv as the series won't load forcing me to to watch it on sky Q. No option on sky q to exit account.Any advise?

Executive Producer
Post 23 of 25

@Pironi123 wrote:

Stutter on sky q but then fine with Netflix via TV app.Problem for me is sky q account is in my name and partners account name on TV app.This creates a conflict which means I can no longer watch  It on the tv as the series won't load forcing me to to watch it on sky Q. No option on sky q to exit account.Any advise?

Have you switched on the judder reduction in settings?

Try reloading the app in Netflix settings 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Runner
Post 24 of 25

Hi, I've sorted it thanks by logging out of my sky app netflix account.Judder on doesn't do anything for me.Also means I have to have Trumotion turned on which I don't like.App shouldn't of been released until picture problem fixed.

Boom Operator
Post 25 of 25

what tv have you got?

i sorted the judder out on my v2 box but i was having trouble with getting a display when i come home from work. id have a blank screen and sky wouldnt come on unless i turned off/on the box.  anyway sky swapped out my box for a v1 box ive had no issues with anything since.