Discussion topic: Skyq remote stopped working and cant use it to access Settings to put new wifi password in

This message was authored by CN4 This message was authored by: CN4

Skyq remote stopped working and cant use it to access Settings to put new wifi password in

The Skyq remote was fine until a few hiurs ago and stopped working, I was getting 4 red flashes after pressing 4&9 but nothing after 1&3 so I turned the box off and now can't access Settings on the tv with remote to enter a wifi passwod I changed a few days ago. SkyGo is also not picking up my Skyq box so I cant use the app tas a remote. Any help most welcome, thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Skyq remote stopped working and cant use it to access Settings to put new wifi password in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CN4 wrote:

The Skyq remote was fine until a few hiurs ago and stopped working, I was getting 4 red flashes after pressing 4&9 but nothing after 1&3 so I turned the box off and now can't access Settings on the tv with remote to enter a wifi passwod I changed a few days ago. SkyGo is also not picking up my Skyq box so I cant use the app tas a remote. Any help most welcome, thank you 

Hi @CN4 

Suggest you try resetting the remote again.

Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

CN4
Topic Author
This message was authored by CN4 This message was authored by: CN4

Re: Skyq remote stopped working and cant use it to access Settings to put new wifi password in

Hi , thanks so much, have done that again now and as if my magic its all working perfectly again! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion