Discussion topic: SkyQ Download Failed Item Unavailable

This message was authored by Gibbo26 This message was authored by: Gibbo26

SkyQ Download Failed Item Unavailable

Hi

Having problems downloading programs on SkyQ, I have updated the software, reset the box and also unplugged and restarted it.

Anyone else having this issue or any solutions for this. 

Thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

Gibbo26
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gibbo26 This message was authored by: Gibbo26

Re: SkyQ Download Failed Item Unavailable

Also forgot to add, network settings and broadband OK, with everything else working and subscriptions all fine.

This message was authored by Majamo This message was authored by: Majamo

Yes we are the same. 

working fine, watching a box set, 3 episodes in and then it won't download the next episode, says item failed.

Raised the same issue lazt night and no one

come back

This message was authored by Andy+Emrich This message was authored by: Andy+Emrich

Exactly the same here, but only on Dexter, other programmes seem to be fine

This message was authored by MunnyC This message was authored by: MunnyC

Same here - all systems are working and connected but we cannot download anything. Sky - please respond
This message was authored by AdawgMcSweat This message was authored by: AdawgMcSweat

Same problem here, with any downloads. Sorry I haven't got a solution, hoping Sky will sort it out if enough raise the issue 

This message was authored by Bunwell This message was authored by: Bunwell

Hi all. Having the same problem last few days with FAILED downloads on Dexter, Amercian Rust etc on Sky Atlantic.

I can record something as it's playing live no problem and old saved recordings play ok. I've done all the rebuilds, switch on n off etc so there is definitely a general technical problem that Sky need to fix pronto

Regards

This message was authored by Majamo This message was authored by: Majamo

We are watching Grimm, husband been watching, downloading etc all day, we watch a couple of episodes of Grimm and then it stops - failed to download. Everything else works fine just not the box set we want to watch.

husband thinks it's because it's now on the Black Friday sales.

I think it's because sky knows we are watching it and stops the downloads to make us buy it instead 😂

This message was authored by Bunwell This message was authored by: Bunwell

Also think it's because so (too) many people are downloading box sets the last day or so and Sky can't handle it..... very grimm!

This message was authored by Bec198 This message was authored by: Bec198

The same thing has happened to me this evening.  Started watching the wire on demand.  Watched the first 9 episodes and now I can't download anymore.  Just to check it wasn't just the wire,  I also tried to download dexter which also wouldn't work

This message was authored by Tiggs. This message was authored by: Tiggs.

I have watched the first 4 episodes of "The Undoing" on "Sky Atlantic" now S1:E5 goes to "Failed, item unavailable" when trying to download it.

I have updated to the latest software and followed all suggested fixes. 

Two days ago before the upgrade from Q170 to Q180 I had a different symptom/problem. Various series and episodes were downloading all the way to 101% (yep 101%) with playback not available this is instead of allowing play back at about 6-10% as normal,

Any ideas? 

This message was authored by SS123456x This message was authored by: SS123456x

Same issue, Only seems to be the Sky channels ones, CH4 and BBC OK, purchased skystore is also OK. as is live recording.

Tried reboot, direct network cable, so that rules out network, netflix is fine, did the usual reboot, reset settings. Managed to get one more downloaded after lots of trying things, didn't seem any reason why it did. But then next one failed again and can't managed to get another downloaded.

Called sky who wanted me to do a full reset, said I wasn't willing to and this must be a bug, and other had reported the same they passed it up to the next level.

Can everyone do the same call the free number 0800 1512747, more that do, more likely they will take notice!

This message was authored by SS123456x This message was authored by: SS123456x

Can an expert escalate this please as there is clearly a big issue

This message was authored by Tiggs. This message was authored by: Tiggs.

@Anonymous

That about sums up my issues, Also before before the s/w upgrade I couldn't watch BBC iplayer through "Catch up". But it worked through the App

This message was authored by Lsm1985 This message was authored by: Lsm1985

Same is happening here can't download anything at all. Keeps telling me download failed and item unavailable. Sky need to fix the issue ASAP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion