Discussion topic: SkyQ 1TB Box - Watch TV in another room

This message was authored by gillyp This message was authored by: gillyp

SkyQ 1TB Box - Watch TV in another room

I want to watch TV from my SkyQ box in another room, I dont need multiroom as the channel in the second room can be the same as the living room, just the same channel in another room!  Do I need the SkyQ Mni Box and is it a wireless connection? 

If I add Multiscreen do Sky send me the mini box to add the connection?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: SkyQ 1TB Box - Watch TV in another room

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gillyp wrote:

If I add Multiscreen do Sky send me the mini box to add the connection?

@gillyp 

Adding a Multiscreen subscription does not automatically add a mini box. Mini boxes have to be added in addition to Multiscreen. 

Be aware the original 1TB (non-UHD) Sky Q box only allows one mini to be in use. To check if you have the non UHD 1TB box check in:-
Home - Settings - System Info - Hardware Version
If it shows as 32Cxxx then you have a non UHD 1TB that only supports 1 active mini box.

All 2TBs and the UHD/HDR 1TB permit two mini boxes. Each mini box which is loaned to you may be subject to a one off upfront charge but you only need one Sky Q monthly Multiscreen subscription.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
gillyp
Topic Author
This message was authored by gillyp This message was authored by: gillyp

Helpful, thanks, I only need one additional TV so one box is fine, so I just order the multiscreen and then gives me the option to order the mini box?  And does it connect over wifi or does the mini box need to be connected to the original SkyQ box?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@gillyp 

Ours which is in our conservatory is connected via Wi-Fi. Had it since we moved from Sky+HD to Sky Q in 2019.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

If you want to just 'mirror' the main box then you can look at HDMI extenders/repeaters.

Generally wired ones are more reliable (as per mini boxes).  There's an initial setup cost but no Sky subscription required.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion