Discussion topic: Sky signature and Netflix with Sky Q box

This message was authored by Sussex21 This message was authored by: Sussex21

Sky signature and Netflix with Sky Q box

Started new 18 month contract in Feb 2023 using Sky Q box. I pay for Signature £13.50, plus Ultimate TV Add on £7, plus HD £4, in order to include Netflix. However it now appears that Ultimate TV includes Netflix. Am I paying twice?

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sky signature and Netflix with Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sussex21 wrote:

Started new 18 month contract in Feb 2023 using Sky Q box. I pay for Signature £13.50, plus Ultimate TV Add on £7, plus HD £4, in order to include Netflix. However it now appears that Ultimate TV includes Netflix. Am I paying twice?

Hi @Sussex21 

Ultimate TV only includes Netflix basic.

HD Add on not only gives you HD for all Sky Signature content but also upgrades basic Netflix to Standard Netflix allowing two Simultaneous Netflix screens.

So you are not paying paying twice. (Edit Sky Signature does not include Netflix)

Netflix prices have changed.
However these changes should not come into effect unless you change or renew your Package .

Netflix Standard with Ads
Included with Sky Signature
High definition
Watch on 2 devices.

Boost to Netflix Standard (No Ads).
£10
High definition
Watch on 2 devices

Boost to Netflix Premium
£15
Ultra high definition
Watch on 4 devices

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Sussex21 wrote:

Hi @Sussex21 

Ultimate TV only includes Netflix basic.

HD Add on not only gives you HD for all Sky Signature content but also upgrades basic Netflix to Standard Netflix allowing two Simultaneous Netflix screens.

So you are not paying paying twice. (Edit Sky Signature does not include Netflix)

Netflix prices have changed.
However these changes should not come into effect unless you change or renew your Package .

Netflix Standard with Ads
Included with Sky Signature
High definition
Watch on 2 devices.

Boost to Netflix Standard (No Ads).
£10
High definition
Watch on 2 devices

Boost to Netflix Premium
£15
Ultra high definition
Watch on 4 devices

Sussex21
Topic Author

Thanks @oldfella , I spoke to Sky y'day about this but did not get such a clear explanation as yours. The agent also could not offer me a better deal when I said I'm thinking of cancelling my contract as I'm not happy with the in-contract hike of £9 for my TV + Broadband - I can leave penalty free as within 30 days of receiving the email. At the moment I pay £62 p month and the price hike will take it to £73 including a £2 discount on Signature ending in Feb. I was told that there are no offers which would better this. Does this sound right?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Sussex21 wrote:

Thanks @oldfella , I spoke to Sky y'day about this but did not get such a clear explanation as yours. The agent also could not offer me a better deal when I said I'm thinking of cancelling my contract as I'm not happy with the in-contract hike of £9 for my TV + Broadband - I can leave penalty free as within 30 days of receiving the email. At the moment I pay £62 p month and the price hike will take it to £73 including a £2 discount on Signature ending in Feb. I was told that there are no offers which would better this. Does this sound right?

Hi @Sussex21 

Afraid I'm not aware of what offers are available.

Sussex21
Topic Author

👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion