Sky q not downloading

Runner
Post 1 of 11

Sky q not downloading

My sky q isnt downloading it just says queued also when i go onto the downloading section i cant see the que paused button the box is there but the writing isnt ive rebooted the box and checked the internet and still not working anyone got any idea 

All Replies
Production Supervisor
Post 2 of 11

Re: Sky q not downloading

@Lollie2005wrote:

My sky q isnt downloading it just says queued also when i go onto the downloading section i cant see the que paused button the box is there but the writing isnt ive rebooted the box and checked the internet and still not working anyone got any idea 

Hi @Lollie2005  Even if the internet is working, always start by rebooting your broadband router ...

Sky Q Silver Bundle with 1 Mini (Ethernet) Q071.000.29.00L. BT Superfast Fibre Plus. Sony XE93 2160p 10 bit and X83C 1080p. iPad Pro 12.9 (2017). Harmony Elite.
Runner
Post 3 of 11

Thanks i will reboot that too 

Runner
Post 4 of 11

I have done that and its still the same

Runner
Post 5 of 11

I have the same problem and have tried all of these things without resolution:

- reboot sky q box

- restart internet router

- updated sky q software

- went into secret 001 engineer menu and reset settings (this then caused me to lose satellite signal and after ringing sky yesterday they scheduled an engineer for next Wednesday as they could not fix it with their over-the-phone check list - less than ideal! Somehow managed to get signal back by changing LNB setting from wideband to SCR)

Now have signal but still cannot download anything from catch up or on demand - just goes onto download queue but stays at 0% and eventually fails. Any help would be appreciated!

Camera Assistant
Post 6 of 11

That happened to me a week ago the hard drive had failed, engineer replaced the main box on Thursday and it’s fine again 

Production Supervisor
Post 7 of 11

@Lollie2005

Are you absolutely certain that your don't have a failed download in your deleted items (under Recordings - Deleted). Sometimes failed downloads on a deleted item prevent new downloads. If you find one, delete it completely, then try the download again. 

Runner
Post 8 of 11

I’ve deleted all failed downloads and the deleted folder is empty

Runner
Post 9 of 11

@de26wrote:

I have the same problem and have tried all of these things without resolution:

- reboot sky q box

- restart internet router

- updated sky q software

- went into secret 001 engineer menu and reset settings (this then caused me to lose satellite signal and after ringing sky yesterday they scheduled an engineer for next Wednesday as they could not fix it with their over-the-phone check list - less than ideal! Somehow managed to get signal back by changing LNB setting from wideband to SCR)

Now have signal but still cannot download anything from catch up or on demand - just goes onto download queue but stays at 0% and eventually fails. Any help would be appreciated!

I cant even get into the engineer settings on messenger to sky atm 

Runner
Post 10 of 11

@Rhonnywrote:

@Lollie2005

Are you absolutely certain that your don't have a failed download in your deleted items (under Recordings - Deleted). Sometimes failed downloads on a deleted item prevent new downloads. If you find one, delete it completely, then try the download again. 

Yes i went through it all and deleted all the failed or part recorded things including in the deleted folder im just speaking to sky 

Runner
Post 11 of 11

Hi There, To all who have had this problem but could not get it sorted out and to all of you who have this problem in the future, the answer is this:

1. Go To your downloads tab & Make a note of all the downloads you have that are in "Queue Paused" Mode, 

2. Starting at the top start cancelling the downloads until the next one in the list starts downloading

3. When all programmes have finished downloading attempt  download "Problem" downloads, 

4. If you get Downloads Queue Paused again then there is obviously a fault with that particular programme.

I am NOT a techie nor a Sky Enginneer, I Used the Sherlock Holmes method of deduction and went through everything until i found the answer, 

I Hope this helps you all out 

Gus.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM