Discussion topic: Sky movies is pixelating all other channels work ok.

This message was authored by MikeBoddice This message was authored by: MikeBoddice

Sky movies is pixelating all other channels work ok.

I can download and watch the movie but can't watch live. All other channels are perfect 

All Replies

This message was authored by Ecosse This message was authored by: Ecosse

Re: Sky movies is pixelating all other channels work ok.

I'd suggest fully rebooting the Sky Q main box.

Unplug from the wall for at least 30 seconds.  At this point, pull out and re-seat the HDMI caples at the Q Box and the TV.

Now plug back in the Sky Q box power and follow the on-screen instructions. This can take up to 5 minutes, and hopefully, you're back up and running, pixel-free.

Good luck.

====================================================
Samsung UE49MU7070XX - Samsung MS550 Soundbar+ with 9000S Rears
Sky Q 2Tb + 3 Minis - BT Full Fibre 900
MikeBoddice
Topic Author
This message was authored by MikeBoddice This message was authored by: MikeBoddice

Unfortunately it's still the same....

This message was authored by Greenandgrumpy This message was authored by: Greenandgrumpy

Same here . This has only just happened over the last 2-3 weeks 

This message was authored by LudaDre This message was authored by: LudaDre

Same for me too @Greenandgrumpy. It only started happening the past 3 weeks and only happens on the Sky Movie channels. I have tried the suggested steps of unplugging my skyQ box, removed all the cables, left it for a minute, then put the cables back in, turned the box back on and followed the set up instructions but it still hasn't resolved the issue of the Sky Movie channels pixilating every few seconds.

Has anyone else got other tactics to try that will work ?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Any on screen error message showing. Your dish could be slightly out of alignment. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Daniel0210 No, no on screen errors show, it just pixilates, mainly on the bottom third of the screen every 5 seconds or so but can pixilate higher up the screen as well sometimes too ... but all other channels work fine with no pixilation in them 

This message was authored by Greenandgrumpy This message was authored by: Greenandgrumpy

I did the full reset thing and it seemed to clear it , though I did see a brief reoccurrence last night on one of the other channels , I forget which.  If it comes back will update here. 

i'll try resetting mine again and see if it works ... will update with the outcome here after i try it again 🙂

This message was authored by Adamb This message was authored by: Adamb

Hi OP

Did you get anywhere with a fix?

id like to keep this thread alive - im having the same issue and it dissapears after a reboot, but then eventually comes back. Only noticed it happening in the last year or so, and got around it by downbloading the film i want.

Same with you it is my sky movies it happens too.

Its not internet related, my sky box is wired via cat6a Patch lead directly to the router which is a meter away and im running Business gigabit broadband, and it happens during the day and evening.

Its not the dish, ive had that checked by a mate who works for sky.

Clearly its the box, or software (most likely software as a reboot can clear it)

A few other checks on the forums show this happens to a lot of others too - so its needs a fix, and no i dont want glass and pucks, id like to stick with sky q!

Adam

MikeBoddice
Topic Author

It has corrected itself without me doing anything at all?!?!?

This message was authored by Superleeds500 This message was authored by: Superleeds500

Mine is the same all sky movie channels will cancel them when my contract expires as sky don't seem bothered about providing the service you pay for.

MikeBoddice
Topic Author

Mine has started pixelating again....

This message was authored by amjamdebs This message was authored by: amjamdebs

I hope you've all got it sorted, but, if you haven't we have found a cure for it! Our sky movie channels were the same. They were all pixilated & downloads were unaffected. We swapped the cables around on the back of the sky box. Basically, the 2 cables that come from the sky dish have been swapped with each other if that makes sense. Sorry I don't know the names of the cables. We just call them input cables from the dish

Hope it helps. 

MikeBoddice
Topic Author

Thank you, I'll give it a go!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion