Discussion topic: Sky max hub not connecting to sky q box

This message was authored by Loz5 This message was authored by: Loz5

Sky max hub not connecting to sky q box

Recently got the sky max wifi hub. Upon installation I realised it wasn't connecting to sky q box. I phoned sky and they said I have to connect it via the second WiFi option as if it's another broadband provider. I done this and it worked for a day. 

But now it doesn't seem to want to connect to the wifi hub at all. As soon as I connect it it disconnects. 

The wifi itself works grand and I works fine on other devices. It's even managed to connect to the mini box and works fine on there. It just can't seem to connect to my main sky q box at all. 

I have even tried turning off all items and re turning them together to see if that works but it doesn't. 

I'm at a  loss now on what to do. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Sky max hub not connecting to sky q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Loz5 wrote:

Recently got the sky max wifi hub. Upon installation I realised it wasn't connecting to sky q box. I phoned sky and they said I have to connect it via the second WiFi option as if it's another broadband provider. I done this and it worked for a day. 

But now it doesn't seem to want to connect to the wifi hub at all. As soon as I connect it it disconnects. 

The wifi itself works grand and I works fine on other devices. It's even managed to connect to the mini box and works fine on there. It just can't seem to connect to my main sky q box at all. 

I have even tried turning off all items and re turning them together to see if that works but it doesn't. 

I'm at a  loss now on what to do. 

Hi @Loz5 in the following order:-

Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, then do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion