Discussion topic: Sky keeps flashing on and off

This message was authored by Julie1975 This message was authored by: Julie1975

Sky keeps flashing on and off

Hello

My sky Q box is turned on and showing green on light but the display (and sound) is flashing on and off, I.e. picture and sound for 1 second then black and no sound for 1 second.  Impossible to watch anything.  I can't even access any of the menus for help or check anything as the display just won't stay on.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Julie 

All Replies

This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

Re: Sky keeps flashing on and off

Hi Julie,

If you haven't already tried this, just turn the SkyQ box off at the plug (or pull the power cord out of the back of the SkyQ box) Leave it off for at least 30 seconds then plug back in and wait for it all to reset, it will take several minutes, and hopefully that will fix it.

Julie1975
Topic Author

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried that but it is still exactly the same unfortunately.

Best wishes, Julie

This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

Hi Julie,

There are many on here more experience than myself who may have another idea but as so far no one else has any other options to try, I think it may be best to ring Sky directly.  Sorry I could not be of further help.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Julie1975 wrote:

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried that but it is still exactly the same unfortunately.

Best wishes, Julie

Hi @Julie1975 If you have another HDMI input on your TV try changing the connection from the SKYQ box to that? Make sure the SKYQ box is turned off at the mains first!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As suggested above.
Would suggest resetting your screen resolution to 1080p.
An easy trick to restet this is from the remote control is enter 1080 and click on the Home key.
Reseating the hdmi cable from your Sky  Q box to your TV. Try another hdmi port on the TV.
Powering off the Sky Q box and TV and leaving off power for a few minutes.

Try the box on 1080 for a while and if seems ok, then change the resolution to your preferred (espcially if you want to watch in uhd/hdr in the Sky settings;
Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then select Settings, followed by Setup.
Select Audio visual, then Picture resolution and select the resolution you want.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Julie1975
Topic Author

Thank you for the 1080 suggestion using the remote @lettice, this seems to have worked fingers crossed 🤞.

Thank you for the help everyone who posted, much appreciated.

Best wishes

Julie

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion