Discussion topic: Sky box won’t connect to hub

This message was authored by aligr26 This message was authored by: aligr26

Sky box won’t connect to hub

This afternoon my sky q box has started losing connection to my hub, I've tried resetting the connection and reconnecting but now it will not connect to my hub using wireless button (wps), so tried manual connection via password and says unable to connect, as I have no connection I can't use/watch my mini box upstairs. 
is my box faulty? How do I get a replacement? Can I even talk to sky? 
thanks in advance for any suppprt. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky box won’t connect to hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@aligr26 wrote:

This afternoon my sky q box has started losing connection to my hub, I've tried resetting the connection and reconnecting but now it will not connect to my hub using wireless button (wps), so tried manual connection via password and says unable to connect, as I have no connection I can't use/watch my mini box upstairs. 
is my box faulty? How do I get a replacement? Can I even talk to sky? 
thanks in advance for any suppprt. 

Hi @aligr26 

Who is your Broadband Supplier?

aligr26
Topic Author

Sky, I gave a sky broadband hub

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@aligr26 wrote:

Sky, I gave a sky broadband hub

OK then @aligr26 

You need to connect by WPS.   You should not use SSID and password.

'If you follow the instructions you need to press the WPS on the router and not the Sky box.

Network Reset found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router.
As you are on Sky broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.
After carrying out the network reset on the Q box you need to press the Sky router WPS within 2 minutes.

aligr26
Topic Author

Hi @oldfella , thanks but I've already tried to connect via WPS , I've reset my connection and clicked to connect via wps, pressed the button on my hub and nothing connects,  my sky q box just searches for a connection and then eventually quits without connecting. Must be an issue with my sky q box. 

This message was authored by Mcnameeandsons This message was authored by: Mcnameeandsons

Good afternoon I can't connect my new sky hub to my sky box

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion