Discussion topic: Sky+ box being replaced by Sky Q

This message was authored by Rakilaka This message was authored by: Rakilaka

Sky+ box being replaced by Sky Q

I have received an email informing me that my Sky+ box will no longer receive software enhancements. I've been offered Sky Q box with free installation but don't know what storage capacity unit I will be offered and whether this incurs subscription increases. Has anyone out there been through the changeover process that can help with information? Ta in advance!

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky+ box being replaced by Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rakilaka 

The default main Sky Q box since late 2019 has a 1TB hard drive. The subscription isn't related to disk capacity: obviously Sky would prefer to be taking more money off you each month if they can, so will attempt to upsell your viewing bundle as part of any migration.

Note that you don't have to accept the offer if you don't want to: the Sky+ HD box will continue to function.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky+ box being replaced by Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Rakilaka 

Although not an answer to your questions, you may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion