Discussion topic: Sky Sports+ picture quality

This message was authored by RetroDave This message was authored by: RetroDave

Re: Sky Sports+ picture quality

I for one fail to believe this is HD 1080 as they say it is, the Lincoln game I watched tonight was bordering on SD! A poor 720 at best... I really thought this would be done right by Sky...how wrong one can be! 

This message was authored by JDavies This message was authored by: JDavies

I watched the Charlton vs Birmingham game and on the whole I was impressed with the picture quality. It definitely looked HD with none of that streaming "look" (ie poor frame rate etc). However, the stream did keep pausing for a few seconds and then continuing. I have a solid 500meg broadband connection via Ethernet so know that is not the issue.

i also flicked around some of the other feeds and every one had the same pausing/buffer issue, and the picture quality varied from excellent to poor SD on a few games (can't remember which unfortunately). 

The sound quality was generally good, with a few pops etc but nothing that distracted from a Blues win(!).

On the whole I am impressed and hope sky iron out the issues soon.

This message was authored by bigfoot666 This message was authored by: bigfoot666

Have to say the quality is awful, no way HD, watching the Mansfield game tonight. The first game on the opening day was fine, but that was a Friday opening of the season. 

The two games since have been very poor, the game at the weekend, even the commentary was out of sync by at least a second, so i switched it off!! definitely not HD, to the point where my daughter said why is the quality so bad , just 2mins ago. 

Just so glad its not a paid service...yet.

This message was authored by KezzaRed This message was authored by: KezzaRed

We're watching it for the 2nd time and it's just awful. I notice there's not many Super Users on here with any information or whether Sky are actually aware how bad it is

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bigfoot666 wrote:

Have to say the quality is awful, no way HD, watching the Mansfield game tonight. The first game on the opening day was fine, but that was a Friday opening of the season. 

The two games since have been very poor, the game at the weekend, even the commentary was out of sync by at least a second, so i switched it off!! definitely not HD, to the point where my daughter said why is the quality so bad , just 2mins ago. 

Just so glad its not a paid service...yet.

Been watching this game Myself within the Sky Sports TV app on Sky Stream.

Yes it's not the best pq, but it is hd.

Does not look too bad on my Sky Stream

Having just the one high camera is not helping.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by bigfoot666 This message was authored by: bigfoot666

Certainly not HD on my screen unfortunately. 120mb connection wired , so i doubt its that. 

Not going to watch the second half, it hurt my aged eyes!! 😅

Think they might mean on the actual channel of 412 but it's certainly not on a stream, it's garbage 🙄

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

One thing I have noticed in switching through some of the football streams today and the,last week is that some do take a few seconds to settle down to a clear picture..

Remember many years ago we had that in the Sky Go app for live sports.

Not seeing any of the Tennis streams doing that.

Mind those definitely are of a higher quality pq.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Probably  right @KezzaRed . The actual channel 412 is just fine, watching the tennis, im definitely referring to the steaming in my case.

This message was authored by Neil+Essex This message was authored by: Neil+Essex

PQ is terrible on the Barnsley United game 

Sky Q 2TB HDR Box & 1 Mini Box
Sky Signature with Netflix
Sky Sports Complete Pack
TNT Sports
Sky Cinema
MUTV
Sky Multiscreen
HD & UHD Pack

Virgin Media Gig 1 Broadband

Barnsley are terrible too 🤣🤣

This message was authored by Berkeley+Gas This message was authored by: Berkeley+Gas

EFL coverage

I was watching Bristol Rovers v Tottenham Hotsper U21 last night. The picture keeps freezing as though the stream is buffering. I know it's not a WiFi problem as my Sky boxes are connected directly to the router. This has happened on all the matches I've watched in Sky Sports+. I notice from other  posts that this happening since Sky Sports+ started. At least the game went past the 90 minute mark! When are Sky going to sort the problem?

Glosgas
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: EFL coverage

@Berkeley+Gas wrote:

When are Sky going to sort the problem?

Working on it, I'd think.  Given Sports+ is a couple of weeks old, it's not exactly a finished product.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by davidcuthbert This message was authored by: davidcuthbert

Im watching Brighton v Crawley

Stop Start 

picture freezing

very poor from Sky

David

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion