Discussion topic: Sky Sports+ picture quality

This message was authored by giggleberry This message was authored by: giggleberry

Sky Sports+ picture quality

When sky sports+ launches on sky Q I assume the multiple games will be accessed via the red button?

However they are accessed though does anyone know what the picture quality is going to be?

SD?

HD?

UHD? 

I love the idea of having so many games that I can actually choose the one I want but been burnt in the past when the likes of all the champions league games are watchable but only the main games are in UHD. 

SD and even HD with sports looks poor on a 65" TV imo. (I am a bit of a snob picture purest when it comes to the picture quality)

Just wondered if anyone knew as a Google search doesn't seem to provide an answer!

Best Answers
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: Sky Sports+ picture quality

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Definitely HD based on a random sample of several live tennis matches now showing.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by ChrisGreen This message was authored by: ChrisGreen

I was also wondering this - its not remotely clear from the section on SkyQ and the content currently available.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

I would imagine it will all be HD. 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

I'm pretty sure I saw it reported elsewhere that streams would be HD, but only a couple of hours before you can check with tennis on at 4 PM today.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Definitely HD based on a random sample of several live tennis matches now showing.

This message was authored by Tony136 This message was authored by: Tony136

Picture quality of the football this evening is very poor. States it's HD. Nowhere near! Very disappointing!

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Just popped Barnsley v. Mansfield Town on and quality wise it looks fine to me, definitely HD.

That said, the colours are over saturated on my Sky Q mini and I am having issues with recap on the Sky Sports app on my iPad not working.

This message was authored by GrahamSchofield This message was authored by: GrahamSchofield

Very bad quality today for the football it's worse than a SD broadcast, very disappointing.

This message was authored by MJR50 This message was authored by: MJR50

It looks like it's a game from the 1980s, but without  Brian Moore and Elton Welsby

This message was authored by GrahamSchofield This message was authored by: GrahamSchofield

The picture quality is that bad they could be on the pitch and we would never know, I'm not even sure what colour the grass is.

Have to agree, the streaming quality is poor but for me, the Leeds v. Portsmouth quality on the broadcast channel 412 is even worse!

Colour over saturated and what looks like a dead pixel in the middle of the screen (not my TV, I have checked). 

The stream on Sky Sports+ is just as bad so it must be a broadcast problem.

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Yes that Leeds game has that "look". For me I can never say for sure why but doesn't look right and yes a dead pixel centre screen on the main camera is a low.

This message was authored by FlippinLiberty This message was authored by: FlippinLiberty

If it's HD then it's not great. Watching Leeds v Pompey and it's pretty poor when compared to Amazon Video Football streams

This message was authored by Mark+01 This message was authored by: Mark+01

Anyone having problems with buffering, keeps pausing. I've checked my internet getting 100mbps 🤔

This message was authored by KezzaRed This message was authored by: KezzaRed

From reading another post that sez it's poor with buffering then it must be a Sky issue, one that needs sorting cause it's made it unwatchable 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion