Discussion topic: Sky Remote not working and can’t connect via sky go

This message was authored by gem87 This message was authored by: gem87

Sky Remote not working and can’t connect via sky go

Our Sky Q remote has stopped working and I've tried the steps to reset it and connect it up again but it's not coming up with the options after holding down 1&3.

I've tried to use the remote feature on the Sky Go app, but it's saying no Sky Q boxes can be found. Both the box and my phone are on the same WiFi network (we do have a mesh network but I've made sure my phone is connected to the same one as the box). 
Any ideas on how I can get it working? 
Thanks!

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sky Remote not working and can’t connect via sky go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gem87 wrote:

Our Sky Q remote has stopped working and I've tried the steps to reset it and connect it up again but it's not coming up with the options after holding down 1&3.

I've tried to use the remote feature on the Sky Go app, but it's saying no Sky Q boxes can be found. Both the box and my phone are on the same WiFi network (we do have a mesh network but I've made sure my phone is connected to the same one as the box). 
Thanks!

Hi @gem87 

First try rebooting your Q box.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Once the Q box is on with green led try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote again.

Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sky Remote not working and can’t connect via sky go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gem87 wrote:

Thanks!

Hi @gem87 

First try rebooting your Q box.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Once the Q box is on with green led try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote again.

Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion