Sky Q won’t download nor record programmes

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 16 of 34

Re: Sky Q won’t download nor record programmes

I can record but not download cinema or catch and on demand, rebooted router, skyQ several times with no change, getting fed up now.........

Executive Producer
Post 17 of 34

@crazi01 wrote:

I can record but not download cinema or catch and on demand, rebooted router, skyQ several times with no change, getting fed up now.........

Delete any failed recordings, also delete them in deleted section

Turn odd Q box then router. Power up router, when stable power up Q box. 

Try again

If this fails you’ll have to phone Sky 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Researcher
Post 18 of 34

Thank you for your help.

i rebooted everything again this morning and it’s now working.

Researcher
Post 19 of 34

Back to not being able to download sky cinema, catch up or on demand.

This has been fine up until yesterday and now it’s requiring continuous reboots which is killing all my other recordings.

ive no failed recordings, disk space is fine, internet is connected no issues.

Any other suggestions, perhaps from Sky Tech services, I know I’m not the only one who has this issue.

One last thing I saw a quick message flash up saying “there is a technical issue and the programme could not be down loaded, please try again later” there is no response to selecting the download for anything.......

Oracle
Post 20 of 34

@crazi01 wrote:

Back to not being able to download sky cinema, catch up or on demand.

This has been fine up until yesterday and now it’s requiring continuous reboots which is killing all my other recordings.

ive no failed recordings, disk space is fine, internet is connected no issues.

Any other suggestions, perhaps from Sky Tech services, I know I’m not the only one who has this issue.

It sounds like you need to contact Sky directly and book an engineer to attend. 

Researcher
Post 21 of 34

Hilarious..🤨.. but I had sky and then sky HD for over 13 years and not once in that time have I ever had to turn it off... so skyQ should certainly not be doing it especially when you pay £85 a month for a service that you can’t get so apologies for “moaning” but think I have every right!!! 

Oracle
Post 22 of 34

@Servante wrote:

Hilarious..🤨.. but I had sky and then sky HD for over 13 years and not once in that time have I ever had to turn it off... so skyQ should certainly not be doing it especially when you pay £85 a month for a service that you can’t get so apologies for “moaning” but think I have every right!!! 

If you really have not had to reboot a Sky HD box you have been very fortunateSmiley Happy. All computers need an occasional reboot.

That said there does seem to be a bug in the latest Q firmware causing this issue which should get sorted. Please feel free to moan as much as you like.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Boom Operator
Post 23 of 34

Know what you mean Servante.  I’d had my Sky Q box less than 2 weeks when it stopped recording and downloading and I had to reset both the box and router. Expected better from the product but got slagged off on here for “moaning”

Researcher
Post 24 of 34

@TheDogsFoot wrote:

Know what you mean Servante.  I’d had my Sky Q box less than 2 weeks when it stopped recording and downloading and I had to reset both the box and router. Expected better from the product but got slagged off on here for “moaning”

It’s a nightmare I’ve never ever had to turn it off....had it installed and not a day since where it’s been problem free constant turning off won’t record/pause etc won’t let me watch catch up then turns off for god knows how long I’ve had a new box installed and engineer out 3 times can’t help but want to kick it up the garden 😞 x

Viewer
Post 25 of 34

@Quoman7 wrote:

@Suskha wrote:

Wow, some folk just love to moan on the internetz. Switching on and off is normally the first thing anyone should do when having issues with an electronic device. It may be a flagship product but its not perfect - nothing is or ever will be.

Hi @Suskha I have to agree with you on this point Smiley Wink

WOW  some folk are just so clever they don’t need to ask anyone anything  🤡

Runner
Post 26 of 34

As an Electronis development Engineer i have to say that having to repeatedly perform a hardware power down is a symptom of poor product design especially in consumer electronics.  I don't agree that this is a 'normal' thing to expect from modern electronics.

Executive Producer
Post 27 of 34

@Tuscano wrote:

As an Electronis development Engineer i have to say that having to repeatedly perform a hardware power down is a symptom of poor product design especially in consumer electronics.  I don't agree that this is a 'normal' thing to expect from modern electronics.

As a worker in the oil industry I can’t  remember the last time I had to do a hardware power down as you call it! 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Boom Operator
Post 28 of 34

Still having to unplug the box and reboot every time I want to download something from on demand.  It’s fine the day of the reboot, but once it’s been on stand by overnight it needs an unplug and reboot again to download on demand.  Won’t download to the box from the app either... surely this isn’t  normal? 

Executive Producer
Post 29 of 34

@TheDogsFoot wrote:

Still having to unplug the box and reboot every time I want to download something from on demand.  It’s fine the day of the reboot, but once it’s been on stand by overnight it needs an unplug and reboot again to download on demand.  Won’t download to the box from the app either... surely this isn’t  normal? 

Did you phone Sky and report the problem to them as suggested earlier in the thread?

Boom Operator
Post 30 of 34

They said to unplug and reboot, going to do what you suggested on the other thread and ask them to send an update to the viewing card 

Recommended Threads
20 minutes ago 12:53 AM
Oracle 25 minutes ago 12:48 AM
Oracle 32 minutes ago 12:41 AM
35 minutes ago 12:38 AM
Oracle 40 minutes ago 12:33 AM