Anyone having this trouble? So frustrated 

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 8 of 27

Re: Sky Q won’t download nor record programmes

@Suskha wrote:

Wow, some folk just love to moan on the internetz. Switching on and off is normally the first thing anyone should do when having issues with an electronic device. It may be a flagship product but its not perfect - nothing is or ever will be.

Hi @Suskha I have to agree with you on this point Smiley Wink

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 27

@Servante wrote:

Anyone having this trouble? So frustrated 

Hi @Servante

Welcome to Q forum

Check your Disk Space in Recordings - Manage.

If This is OK try rebooting your main Q box.

Disconnect power lead for 30 sec and then reconnect to reboot.

Researcher
Post 3 of 27

Do you get onscreen messages when trying to download/record and the disk space is full?

Servante, are you getting any onscreen messages with 'technical or system fault' in them?

Interested in tech
Researcher
Post 4 of 27

Mines doing exactly the same.  Only had it 12 days so there’s no way disk space is anywhere near full! 

It disconnected from the router earlier too so had to reboot the router as it couldn’t find it.

can watch things on Netflix but can’t download anything from catchup or on demand.

Seeing as it’s the flagship product I’d expect to have more more than just 12 days of use  before it broke!

First Assistant Director
Post 5 of 27

Lack of recording functionality could be down to faulty hard disk and further to above request can you let us know what you are doing exactly, e.g. downloading on demand or recording live TV and any associated error messages. 

Researcher
Post 6 of 27

No error messages on mine just no response when pressing select to download from on demand or catch up.  

The box is connected to the net ok as Netflix will play episodes with no issues.  

Pulled the plug and rebooted which seems to have sorted it out but expected better for a flagship product I’ve had for less than 2 weeks 

Camera Assistant
Post 7 of 27

Wow, some folk just love to moan on the internetz. Switching on and off is normally the first thing anyone should do when having issues with an electronic device. It may be a flagship product but its not perfect - nothing is or ever will be.

Answer
Oracle
Post 8 of 27

@Suskha wrote:

Hi @Suskha I have to agree with you on this point Smiley Wink

Researcher
Post 9 of 27

I do apologise... obviously I wasn’t aware that Sky Q had to be rebooted after 13 days use to continue its functionality.  I work with IT, I know things can be solved with turning off / on but wasn’t expecting a brand new out the box product to have issues so quickly so came to the forum to see if there was a wider issue being reported.

I’d sat down at the end of a 15 hour day and just wanted to watch something on catch up.  I didn’t realise I’d be up until almost 3 am rebooting and resetting the box and router in order to do this.  I’m hoping this won’t be a regular feature of Sky Q as my previous old box only needed a reboot every 6 months or so if it had frozen

Executive Producer
Post 10 of 27

@TheDogsFoot wrote:

I do apologise... obviously I wasn’t aware that Sky Q had to be rebooted after 13 days use to continue its functionality.  I work with IT, I know things can be solved with turning off / on but wasn’t expecting a brand new out the box product to have issues so quickly so came to the forum to see if there was a wider issue being reported.

I’d sat down at the end of a 15 hour day and just wanted to watch something on catch up.  I didn’t realise I’d be up until almost 3 am rebooting and resetting the box and router in order to do this.  I’m hoping this won’t be a regular feature of Sky Q as my previous old box only needed a reboot every 6 months or so if it had frozen

Sounds to me like you should be getting Sky back 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
New Viewer
Post 11 of 27

Had the same issue - just rebooted and it’s working again thanks for the advice 

New Viewer
Post 12 of 27

Mine is the same, can’t download or record and just went to watch a programme for last night that I recorded and it played for 40 seconds and then the screen just went black. Any ideas? I have rebooted but hasn’t rectified it! 

Runner
Post 13 of 27

We are having the same issue 

Runner
Post 14 of 27

I have a feeling they have done a firmware update and that in some cases it is requiring a hard reboot 

Executive Producer
Post 15 of 27

@BritishBaldEagle wrote:

I have a feeling they have done a firmware update and that in some cases it is requiring a hard reboot 

No update since end October 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Recommended Threads
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM