Discussion topic: Sky Q will not connect to sky hub

This message was authored by Charlie+64 This message was authored by: Charlie+64

Sky Q will not connect to sky hub

Everything has been ok for the last few years, a couple of days ago the sky q box lost it's wifi connection and will not connect. Tried all the resets and advice I can find on here and nothing. When I try and do it manuall it finds the sky wifi, but if I input the details manually it still doesn't connect.

Best Answers
Charlie+64
Topic Author
This message was authored by Charlie+64 This message was authored by: Charlie+64 Answer

Re: Sky Q will not connect to sky hub

Thank you for your advice, I did a reset as suggested and it worked. Didn't think there would be a difference between reset and turning it off, but obviously there is. Never got a reply from sky message's but there you go. 

Cheers 

Guy

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Charlie+64 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by idol+the+bear This message was authored by: idol+the+bear

Try resetting the router (there is a small button at the back of the router) and then get the Sky Q box to search for the network. It worked for me recently whereas just switching the router off at the mains and back on didn't work.

Charlie+64
Topic Author
This message was authored by Charlie+64 This message was authored by: Charlie+64

Cheers, will give that a go. I have tried unplugging it but not resetting it.

Charlie+64
Topic Author
This message was authored by Charlie+64 This message was authored by: Charlie+64 Answer

Thank you for your advice, I did a reset as suggested and it worked. Didn't think there would be a difference between reset and turning it off, but obviously there is. Never got a reply from sky message's but there you go. 

Cheers 

Guy

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now but if there is anything else in the future we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

This message was authored by Parm10 This message was authored by: Parm10

My Sky Q is suddenly refusing to connect to my Sky broadband. I've followed all the recommended steps (restarted the box, restarted sky hub, gone through the reset steps on screen etc) but it won't reconnect. Very frustrating. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Charlie+64
Topic Author

Have you tried resetting the hub. There is a small button on the back of it. It does something different from turning it off. It's what sorted ours out, connected no problem after that. 

This message was authored by Parm10 This message was authored by: Parm10

Seems to have worked! Thank you, all the best. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion