Discussion topic: Sky Q wifi hot spots

This message was authored by Helpme6 This message was authored by: Helpme6

Sky Q wifi hot spots

Can my main Sky Q box be connected via Ethernet and mini boxes over WiFi . Plus will my mini boxes be WiFi Hot Spots ? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Sky Q wifi hot spots

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Helpme6 wrote:

Can my main Sky Q box be connected via Ethernet and mini boxes over WiFi . Plus will my mini boxes be WiFi Hot Spots ? 

hi @Helpme6 

Yes you can connect the Main box to your router via Ethernet & let the minis work of wifi 

I only have one mini but it works like that (BTW my ISP is BT)

N.B. However that if your ISP is not SKY the minis do not use your wifi but a wifi signal generated by the main box.

If your ISP is SKY then the minis act as wifi hotspots by default, If ISP is not SKY then you have to turn on an option (on your main box) to use SKY Q boxes as hotpots (Netwrok - Advance settings)

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Yes. In theory.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@Helpme6 wrote:

hi @Helpme6 

Yes you can connect the Main box to your router via Ethernet & let the minis work of wifi 

I only have one mini but it works like that (BTW my ISP is BT)

N.B. However that if your ISP is not SKY the minis do not use your wifi but a wifi signal generated by the main box.

If your ISP is SKY then the minis act as wifi hotspots by default, If ISP is not SKY then you have to turn on an option (on your main box) to use SKY Q boxes as hotpots (Netwrok - Advance settings)

Helpme6
Topic Author
This message was authored by Helpme6 This message was authored by: Helpme6

Thank you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion