Discussion topic: Sky Q touch remote buttons changed what they do.

This message was authored by igjones This message was authored by: igjones

Sky Q touch remote buttons changed what they do.

Hi, 

For some reason my sky q touch remote has suddenly changed what some of the buttons do. When watching TV I could use the scroll buttons to see what was on channels sequentially before changing to that channel. Now up/down/left on the touch pad have no effect and when I press right it brings up last channel watched. I've obviously done something but can't work out what. Any help would be appreciated.

Iain

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky Q touch remote buttons changed what they do.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@igjones wrote:

Hi, 

For some reason my sky q touch remote has suddenly changed what some of the buttons do. When watching TV I could use the scroll buttons to see what was on channels sequentially before changing to that channel. Now up/down/left on the touch pad have no effect and when I press right it brings up last channel watched. I've obviously done something but can't work out what. Any help would be appreciated.

Iain

Hi @igjones 

Are you pressing the central Select button part of the remote before trying to scroll ?

You need to do that to bring up the channel  list option

igjones
Topic Author
This message was authored by igjones This message was authored by: igjones

That's brilliant, thanks, solves the issue. But I must admit I've never had to do that before. It just brought up what was on the channel without the pictures.

Iain

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@igjones wrote:

That's brilliant, thanks, solves the issue. But I must admit I've never had to do that before. It just brought up what was on the channel without the pictures.

Iain

I have to admit it is so long since I used my Touch remote that I have forgotten just quite how it could work.

Personally I used to find the touch remotes temperamental and was glad to switch to the all button remotes but I know many people do love their touch remotes (even though they have not been available for a few years now)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion