Discussion topic: Sky Q remote stops working and I have reboot it

This message was authored by MG57 This message was authored by: MG57

Sky Q remote stops working and I have reboot it

Hello

Recently the Sky Q remote stops working - ie no light.

I press 7 and 9 simultaneously and wait for the 4 red light flashes. Then, I press 1 and 3 together and run through the pairing process via the on-screen menu. The first time, it took me a good 15 minutes to get the TV and Sky Box to start up again.

Now I'm familiar with the process it takes about 5 minutes but we should not be doing this and the the first time we had to switch off at the mains the Sky Q box and tv.

What is going on? Btw - I put in brand new batteries as well. I'm losing trust

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q remote stops working and I have reboot it

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MG57 wrote:

Hello

Recently the Sky Q remote stops working - ie no light.

I press 7 and 9 simultaneously and wait for the 4 red light flashes. Then, I press 1 and 3 together and run through the pairing process via the on-screen menu. The first time, it took me a good 15 minutes to get the TV and Sky Box to start up again.

Now I'm familiar with the process it takes about 5 minutes but we should not be doing this and the the first time we had to switch off at the mains the Sky Q box and tv.

What is going on? Btw - I put in brand new batteries as well. I'm losing trust

Hi @MG57  

Are you aware that with single button press the remote led only lights when you press the microphone button or the Question mark button ?

MG57
Topic Author

Thanks. Sorry, I'm not clear re what you are say? The "?" mark was just a question.

The remote stops working, ie no matter what button I press, the led red light is a no show until I go through the process as per my OP. Thanks again

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MG57 wrote:

Thanks. Sorry, I'm not clear re what you are say? The "?" mark was just a question.

The remote stops working, ie no matter what button I press, the led red light is a no show until I go through the process as per my OP. Thanks again

What I am saying @MG57  is that the remote red led light will only light when you press the Microphone button on the remote or the button with (that's the remote button with a ? on)

No other buttons will illuminate the red light on the remote.

MG57
Topic Author

Thanks

It does have the ? on it but for some reason we can only switch on our tv via the home button and to switch it off, it is via the on/off button - and when this is depressed, we have to hold it down until red light flashes for the tv to switch off and not just go to a blank screen, ie not off.

I hope I am not confusing you.

We've had the sky Q box for about 11 months and up until recent couple of weeks it was fine.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion