Discussion topic: Sky Q no picture Toshiba Tv

This message was authored by TheDocKnows This message was authored by: TheDocKnows

Sky Q no picture Toshiba Tv

Hello

when I turn on my Sky Q box and Tv from mains 

1. the tv pilot light goes stringy to green (should be red then green when turn on )

2. Sky q box flashes blue Q for a bit then goes red 

3. I hit standby and sky Q light goes green 

4 Tv stays blank screen though

5 I have unplugged and unconnected wbejurhjng which worked at first but not now

ideally  when working - get standard message at eight away on Tv screen 'your screen will

go blank then hit standby ' and Tv comes on fine 

I can't figure out if Tv issue or sky Q box ? Anyone ?

thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: Sky Q no picture Toshiba Tv

@TheDocKnows wrote:

Hello

1. the tv pilot light goes stringy to green (should be red then green when turn on )

ideally  when working - get standard message at eight away on Tv screen 'your screen will

thanks 

Use the Toshiba remote control for the TV and turn it on so that it comes out of standby. (Pilot light on green) 

Turn on the Sky Q box using the Sky Q remote. (Light on Q box should go green) 

If the TV doesn't automatically switch to the correct HDMI input then you need to go into the settings on the Sky Q box and turn HDMI control to on. This should then automatically turn your TV to the correct input when the Q box comes out of standby. 

If you have already correctly paired the Sky Q remote to your brand of TV then you should now be able to turn both the Q box to standby (by pressing the standby button) and turn your TV to standby (by holding down the standby button on the Sky Q remote for 1 or 2 seconds).

Then, next time you press standby on the Sky Q remote it should turn the Q box on and the TV on at the same time and select the correct HDMI input. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TheDocKnows wrote:

Hello

thanks 

Hi @TheDocKnows The SKYQ box is designed to be left on standby when not in use, and not turned off at the mains.

The TV also needs to be on standby, so that when you press the on button on the SKY remote the SKYQ box will come on followed by your TV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Dallen9798 This message was authored by: Dallen9798

@TheDocKnows 

Try not to turn off your equipment at the mains all the time, its not desinged for it.

Anytime your Q Box isnt in use place it on standby with the power button top left of the remote by pressing it once

It shoulnd't be too bad turning your TV off at the mains but I'd also advise just leaving that in standby also and you shouldn't have any problems

--------------------------------------------------
My views are my own and I will assist where possible.

Sky Q 2TB UHD, 2X Mini Box, Sky BB UF1, Booster 4

I am just a customer, If I've got something wrong feel free to tell me, If I've something right mark it as an answer
TheDocKnows
Topic Author
This message was authored by TheDocKnows This message was authored by: TheDocKnows

Good advice going forward Thank you .

it doesn't help resolve my current problem though does it ?

thanks 

TheDocKnows
Topic Author

Good advice going forward Thank you .

it doesn't help resolve my current problem though does it ?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

@TheDocKnows wrote:

Hello

thanks 

Use the Toshiba remote control for the TV and turn it on so that it comes out of standby. (Pilot light on green) 

Turn on the Sky Q box using the Sky Q remote. (Light on Q box should go green) 

If the TV doesn't automatically switch to the correct HDMI input then you need to go into the settings on the Sky Q box and turn HDMI control to on. This should then automatically turn your TV to the correct input when the Q box comes out of standby. 

If you have already correctly paired the Sky Q remote to your brand of TV then you should now be able to turn both the Q box to standby (by pressing the standby button) and turn your TV to standby (by holding down the standby button on the Sky Q remote for 1 or 2 seconds).

Then, next time you press standby on the Sky Q remote it should turn the Q box on and the TV on at the same time and select the correct HDMI input. 

This message was authored by Dallen9798 This message was authored by: Dallen9798

@TheDocKnows 

The issue you've mentioned doesn't sound like its anything to do with the Q Box

the turning everything off at the mains back all the time is causing your issue, sounds like your TV more than anything.

--------------------------------------------------
My views are my own and I will assist where possible.

Sky Q 2TB UHD, 2X Mini Box, Sky BB UF1, Booster 4

I am just a customer, If I've got something wrong feel free to tell me, If I've something right mark it as an answer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion