Sky Q mini not connecting after switching to BT broadband.

Runner
Post 1 of 3

Sky Q mini not connecting after switching to BT broadband.

After moving to bt for our Internet, as sky wouldn't offer us fibre, my q mini won't connect to the main box (2tb).

It runs through 2 sky extender boxes from the main box as its in a garden room, and previously worked perfectly.

Now that the main q box is connected to the bt router by WiFi, I can't seem to get any of the extenders or the mini to connect to it. (the mini seems to be connected to the extenders fine)  

Once I go through the on screen steps to connect, I get the message in the attached picture and nothing else happens. 

IMG_20190111_164407.jpg

What configuration do I need? Do I still have to have the sky q router plugged in?? 

I'm sure I'm doing something really obvious wrong but I'm stuck..  

Thanks in advance. .. 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 3

Re: Sky Q mini not connecting after switching to BT broadband.

@Jhc78 suspect you need to unplug the 2 boosters and the Q mini and plug them back in and link the closest to the main box first then the next booster and finally the mini. Ever thought of using powerline adapters as a 3 hop link like yours is going to be dodgy as each hop halves the speed.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Runner
Post 3 of 3

Re: Sky Q mini not connecting after switching to BT broadband.

Sadly powerline is not an option, the main box and mini are on different circuits as the mini is in an outbuilding.

It always ran the mini fine through 2 boxes before so no issues with speed. 

Recommended Threads
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM