Discussion topic: Sky Q mini box not working with no fix

This message was authored by Akos1909 This message was authored by: Akos1909

Sky Q mini box not working with no fix

I woke up this morning to my tv off and my mini box on standby (amber light) as usual.

I got the remote and turned on the box. Nothing happened. I tried again, nothing happened. I pressed the amber button on the front, nothing happened.

TV still works fine.

Unplugged everything, plugged back in. Reset the box, resrt the main box downstairs. Tried to reactivate the mini using the downstairs box (main Sky Q box).

Followed every article I could find. Used the reset button as per instructions. Called my sister (an engineer, not for Sky but owns Sky herself) and she couldn't find anything to help.

When I plug the box and plug it back in, the amber light comes on for a few seconds and then turns off. I have to press the reset button on the back for the amber light to come back on. No green light whatsoever, even when it's supposed to flash red and green during the reset process. It just turns off and turns back on as amber.

Sky bot unhelpful as anything. I can't find any fixes online.

My remote was working fine, but I was told to reset it. I pressed 7&9 and then 1&3, and now it won't work the box or the TV. When I press ?, it still flashes, and when I press 7&9 again, it flashes.

Downstairs box and TV work fine. No issues. Connection is fine, everything is good on the main box.

Please don't suggest things I've already tried several times. I'm really frustrated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky Q mini box not working with no fix

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Akos1909 wrote:

I woke up this morning to my tv off and my mini box on standby (amber light) as usual.

I got the remote and turned on the box. Nothing happened. I tried again, nothing happened. I pressed the amber button on the front, nothing happened.

TV still works fine.

Unplugged everything, plugged back in. Reset the box, resrt the main box downstairs. Tried to reactivate the mini using the downstairs box (main Sky Q box).

Followed every article I could find. Used the reset button as per instructions. Called my sister (an engineer, not for Sky but owns Sky herself) and she couldn't find anything to help.

When I plug the box and plug it back in, the amber light comes on for a few seconds and then turns off. I have to press the reset button on the back for the amber light to come back on. No green light whatsoever, even when it's supposed to flash red and green during the reset process. It just turns off and turns back on as amber.

Sky bot unhelpful as anything. I can't find any fixes online.

My remote was working fine, but I was told to reset it. I pressed 7&9 and then 1&3, and now it won't work the box or the TV. When I press ?, it still flashes, and when I press 7&9 again, it flashes.

Downstairs box and TV work fine. No issues. Connection is fine, everything is good on the main box.

Please don't suggest things I've already tried several times. I'm really frustrated.

@Akos1909 have you tried unplugging the box for 20 minutes to half an hour then plugging it back in if not try that. 

If that doesn't help or you have tried that let us know and we can escalate this to Sky for you 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Sounds like the mini has failed - Sky will replace it if so.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Akos1909
Topic Author
This message was authored by Akos1909 This message was authored by: Akos1909

I've unplugged it for 30 minutes (that's what my sister suggested) but still nothing.

It's plugged in now, and the amber light is red (this usually happens when the downstairs main box is off for a while, but the box downstairs is on right now, so I don't know why it's red).

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Akos1909 wrote:

I've unplugged it for 30 minutes (that's what my sister suggested) but still nothing.

It's plugged in now, and the amber light is red (this usually happens when the downstairs main box is off for a while, but the box downstairs is on right now, so I don't know why it's red).

@Akos1909 I have escalated this to sky

You may receive an email or a private message inviting you to have a private conversation on the Community with a Sky Expert.

Look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of your screen inviting you to a chat
If you are using the Safari browser please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

The link below explains how the escalation process works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Akos1909 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion