Discussion topic: Sky Q loses network connection & mini boxes keep losing connection to Sky Q box

This message was authored by JBM1810 This message was authored by: JBM1810

Sky Q loses network connection & mini boxes keep losing connection to Sky Q box

We changed internet provider from Sky to Utility Warehouse a few months ago and oh my days has it caused us problems with connection issues on Sky Q and Sky Mini boxes - it's actually horrendous the amount of times a days we have to reactivate the mini boxes or connection to the Sky Q with the internet box literally across the room from the Q box and it's now starting to really bug me while we have no other connection problems!

We have tried everything we can think off, resetting the internet, Sky Q, Minis, WPS, the lot and constant issues. Right this moment 45 minutes trying to reconnect the mini box upstairs to the Q box while the Q box has all ticks and says it's all connected, reactivated everything but the mini box still says it can not connect to the Q box. Both been reset, unplugged the log. It's a complete joke

All Replies

This message was authored by kahunroleh This message was authored by: kahunroleh

Re: Sky Q loses network connection & mini boxes keep losing connection to Sky Q box

@JBM1810 wrote:

We changed internet provider from Sky to Utility Warehouse a few months ago and oh my days has it caused us problems with connection issues on Sky Q and Sky Mini boxes - it's actually horrendous the amount of times a days we have to reactivate the mini boxes or connection to the Sky Q with the internet box literally across the room from the Q box and it's now starting to really bug me while we have no other connection problems!

We have tried everything we can think off, resetting the internet, Sky Q, Minis, WPS, the lot and constant issues. Right this moment 45 minutes trying to reconnect the mini box upstairs to the Q box while the Q box has all ticks and says it's all connected, reactivated everything but the mini box still says it can not connect to the Q box. Both been reset, unplugged the log. It's a complete joke

The issue might be due to incompatible settings or interference. Try these steps:

1. Change Wi-Fi Channels: Switch to a less congested Wi-Fi channel on your router.
  2. Update Firmware: Ensure both Sky Q and Mini boxes, as well as your router, have the latest firmware.
  3. Network Settings: Verify that your network settings (e.g., IP address range, DHCP) are correctly configured for Sky devices.

If problems persist, contacting Sky support or Utility Warehouse for specific configuration guidance may help.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky Q loses network connection & mini boxes keep losing connection to Sky Q box

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @JBM1810. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by FrankyMoore This message was authored by: FrankyMoore

weve had same problem for last couple of weeks

JBM1810
Topic Author
This message was authored by JBM1810 This message was authored by: JBM1810

I didn't/haven't receive any bubble chats. I been been in an out a few times and have not once seen a bubble chat

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion