Discussion topic: Sky Q issue with watching a program that hasn't finished recording

This message was authored by SteveJ1967 This message was authored by: SteveJ1967

Sky Q issue with watching a program that hasn't finished recording

I have just switched to SKY Q (from SKY+)  and when I start watching a program that hasn't finished recording it doesn't carry on recording the show and simply stops at the point I join.  E.g. program is 90 minutes long and I start watchin from the beginning off my recordings which is say 46 minutres into the live porgram.  Then I discover that 46 mnutes into my watching the recording comes to end and the final 44 minutes is nowhere to be found! 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q issue with watching a program that hasn't finished recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveJ1967 wrote:

I have just switched to SKY Q (from SKY+)  and when I start watching a program that hasn't finished recording it doesn't carry on recording the show and simply stops at the point I join.  E.g. program is 90 minutes long and I start watchin from the beginning off my recordings which is say 46 minutres into the live porgram.  Then I discover that 46 mnutes into my watching the recording comes to end and the final 44 minutes is nowhere to be found! 

Hi @SteveJ1967 

Don't really understand what you are doing to make that happen.

There should be no issue with the program recording to the end of the scheduled time.

When you start watching where are you going to select the recording to play from the start?

Next time you start watching a recording once it is playing, press the up button (above the central select button) and you see the Playbar at the bottom of the screen.

You should see the progress of the recording including the point you are watching.  The progress bar will be red for the amount of time that the recording has been running and will also indicate at far right the total amount of the finished recording.

SteveJ1967
Topic Author
This message was authored by SteveJ1967 This message was authored by: SteveJ1967

@oldfella thanks.  I select play from the start once I have selected from my available recordings. Appreciate that the recoding will not have finished.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveJ1967 wrote:

@oldfella thanks.  I select play from the start once I have selected from my available recordings. Appreciate that the recoding will not have finished.

That's clear @SteveJ1967 

But if you bring up the progress Playbar while watching you can confirm at any during playback that it is still recording until it's scheduled end time.

If it is then it will be available to watch till the end.

SteveJ1967
Topic Author

@oldfella as to your comment below, initially it stated the full program length but as stated this did not materilase and program ended after 46 of the required 90 minutes

Next time you start watching a recording once it is playing, press the up button (above the central select button) and you see the Playbar at the bottom of the screen.

You should see the progress of the recording including the point you are watching.  The progress bar will be red for the amount of time that the recording has been running and will also indicate at far right the total amount of the finished recording.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion