Discussion topic: Sky Q issue after moving to Virgin broadband

This message was authored by elljay18 This message was authored by: elljay18

Sky Q issue after moving to Virgin broadband

I have just moved my broadband from Sky to Virgin but keeping my Sky Q.  Sky have said they'll want my equipment back which is fair enough but it includes a broadband booster which was installed to help my mini box get a connection.

When I unplug the booster I am unable to view  TV on my mini box.  Unfortunately my main living room TV is connected to the mini box with the main Sky Q box being in the bedroom.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Will Sky allow me to keep the broadband booster if I explain my Sky Q won't function properly without it?  I believe there is also a Sky Q booster available - how would I request one of these?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Re: Sky Q issue after moving to Virgin broadband

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @elljay18.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@elljay18 wrote:

I have just moved my broadband from Sky to Virgin but keeping my Sky Q.  Sky have said they'll want my equipment back which is fair enough but it includes a broadband booster which was installed to help my mini box get a connection.

When I unplug the booster I am unable to view  TV on my mini box.  Unfortunately my main living room TV is connected to the mini box with the main Sky Q box being in the bedroom.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Will Sky allow me to keep the broadband booster if I explain my Sky Q won't function properly without it?  I believe there is also a Sky Q booster available - how would I request one of these?

hi @elljay18 

I have escalated your post to a SKY support team, who, hopefully, will be in touch to let you know if th ebooster does indeed need to be returned or whether you can keep it & your account be updated or whether there are other options

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP address' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @elljay18.

elljay18
Topic Author
This message was authored by elljay18 This message was authored by: elljay18

I chatted via message and now don't have to return the booster - very easy to do via the forum - thank you!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion