Discussion topic: Sky Q connected to WiFi Deco mesh system keeps losing wireless connection

This message was authored by BPS102 This message was authored by: BPS102

Sky Q connected to WiFi Deco mesh system keeps losing wireless connection

Hi everyone,

I'd be really grateful for your help.

We have Sky Q and because our new house is made of concrete, we have installed a Deco mesh system to improve the WiFi signal. I have configured Sky Q to the Deco network and it connects without issue, but within 30 minutes, loses the connection.

I have reset the connection 5 times and the same thing happens each time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ben

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sky Q connected to WiFi Deco mesh system keeps losing wireless connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BPS102 wrote:

Hi everyone,

We have Sky Q and because our new house is made of concrete, we have installed a Deco mesh system to improve the WiFi signal. I have configured Sky Q to the Deco network and it connects without issue, but within 30 minutes, loses the connection.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi @BPS102 

You may get more success if you connect your Q  boxes to the Deco units by Ethernet and turn all Q box WiFi off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BPS102 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi @BPS102 

You may get more success if you connect your Q  boxes to the Deco units by Ethernet and turn all Q box WiFi off.

BPS102
Topic Author
This message was authored by BPS102 This message was authored by: BPS102

Thanks @oldfella , that appears to have done the trick! Many thanks

This message was authored by slipd This message was authored by: slipd

From what I can see across the various threads here on Sky and across the web, mesh networks in general aren't compatible with Sky Q and it's additional boxes? I recently got some Deco X60 kit from TP-Link and I've given up on using it with Sky Q now - the constant loss of connectivity made it unusable!

I've resorted to use a guest SSID from my base router (local cable provider) and that's been bullet proof. It would have been nice to have all my devices on the one network but ho-hey... 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion