Discussion topic: Sky Q box won’t connect to router

This message was authored by Meggan_ This message was authored by: Meggan_

Sky Q box won’t connect to router

An engineer came out on Friday, replaced the router gave us a booster and connected everything to the Sky Q box and mini box in the bedroom.

I go away for one evening and come back to watch tv... now the Sky Q box won't connect to the new router, or anything for that matter. 

I have reset both the main Sky Q box and the new router. I've read through the answered forum and tried everything that it says and it won't help me.

I have tried to reconnect Q box to router using WPS as recommended but it won't pick it up, I have tried connecting to the router as "another broadband provider" but it keeps telling me the password is incorrect even though it's been quadruple checked.

I have been through the blue chat bot numerous times and nothing is helping. Imagine paying £90 a month for half of it not to work - getting ridiculous now. 

Any ideas and further troubleshooting would be fab please.

Best Answers
Meggan_
Topic Author
This message was authored by Meggan_ This message was authored by: Meggan_ Answer

Re: Sky Q box won’t connect to router

Appears the box was faulty. sky have issued a new box and everything is working as it should now!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Meggan_ 

Did you reset the new Q router before trying a Network reset onthe Q box?

First reset your broadband router.
Hold the Reset on the back of the router until the power light flashes green (about 10 seconds). Don't unplug or switch off your router while it resets. The power light will go green when it's done.

Wait until the router is completely back and running and then try a Network Reset found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router. Even if reset is not listed there is still an option to connect by WiFi to Sky router
On Sky Broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.

Meggan_
Topic Author
This message was authored by Meggan_ This message was authored by: Meggan_

Yes I reset the router first; but also assumed this wasn't the issue as other devices are connected to the router with no issues.

i have since done a network reset on the router as described and still hitting the same issue as in my original post. 

Meggan_
Topic Author
This message was authored by Meggan_ This message was authored by: Meggan_ Answer

Appears the box was faulty. sky have issued a new box and everything is working as it should now!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion