Discussion topic: Sky Q box won’t connect to router even after trying network settings. Extremely fed up of this.

This message was authored by McDazzle This message was authored by: McDazzle

Sky Q box won’t connect to router even after trying network settings. Extremely fed up of this.

Hi

My Sky Q box won’t connect to the router even after trying network settings. Extremely fed up of this.

Please help

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q box won’t connect to router even after trying network settings. Extremely fed up of this.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@McDazzle wrote:

Hi

My Sky Q box won’t connect to the router even after trying network settings. Extremely fed up of this.

Please help

Hi @McDazzle 

Are you carrying out a Network reset exactly as follows?

Network Reset found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router. Even if reset is not listed there is still an option to connect by WiFi to Sky or 3rd party router
If you are on Sky broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.
if you are on 3rd party (non Sky ) broadband then you need to enter the SSID and password for the router 2.4 Ghz WiFi band.

This message was authored by bhoyfett This message was authored by: bhoyfett

Re: Sky Q box won’t connect to router even after trying network settings. Extremely fed up of this.

@oldfella wrote:

@McDazzle wrote:

Hi

Please help

Hi @McDazzle 

Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router. Even if reset is not listed there is still an option to connect by WiFi to Sky or 3rd party router
If you are on Sky broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.
if you are on 3rd party (non Sky ) broadband then you need to enter the SSID and password for the router 2.4 Ghz WiFi band.

I have the exact same issue here.

Came home after a weekend away to discover that whilst my WiFi has been restored, none of my Sky equipment is talking to one another.

There is no "reset" option on the Sky Q box via those steps above.

You only have the option to connect to yoru Sky WiFi, another provider or a wired connection,

When I try to connect to my Sky WiFi it just times out as being unable to connect.

WiFi works on everyone other device in the house

@bhoyfett wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@McDazzle wrote:

Hi

Please help

Hi @McDazzle 

I have the exact same issue here.

Came home after a weekend away to discover that whilst my WiFi has been restored, none of my Sky equipment is talking to one another.

There is no "reset" option on the Sky Q box via those steps above.

You only have the option to connect to yoru Sky WiFi, another provider or a wired connection,

When I try to connect to my Sky WiFi it just times out as being unable to connect.

WiFi works on everyone other device in the house

Hi @bhoyfett 

As I said in my post 

"Even if reset is not listed there is still an option to connect by WiFi to Sky or 3rd party router
"

Hi,

I tried that several times last night and this morning.

I even tried to connect to a different provider so I could at least explore whether my SSID would show up which it did but even then it wouldn't connect using the WPS button etc.

Since I wrote my previous post, I decided to press the reset button at the back of the router.

Although you said not to press this, it has in fact resolved the issue.

@bhoyfett wrote:

Hi,

I tried that several times last night and this morning.

I even tried to connect to a different provider so I could at least explore whether my SSID would show up which it did but even then it wouldn't connect using the WPS button etc.

Since I wrote my previous post, I decided to press the reset button at the back of the router.

Although you said not to press this, it has in fact resolved the issue.

Hi @bhoyfett 

What I said was Do not press the reset button Instead of the WPS button when carrying out the Network reset.

Yup, I understand all that.

I was just saying that what you did say didn't work, but by pressing the reset button was in fact the resolution.

Cheers

McDazzle
Topic Author
This message was authored by McDazzle This message was authored by: McDazzle

Yeah, that's what I am doing.

it just won't connect.

had a really poor service for months now.

i have two sky mini boxes that keep freezing when watching live TV and only able to watch recordings on them randomly.  

I love SKY but am contemplating having to cancel due to all of this. 🤦‍♂️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion