Sky Q box trips out approx 12 times a day

Highlighted
Researcher
Post 1 of 6

Sky Q box trips out approx 12 times a day

Hi all my husband and I are both elderly and disabled and we had a sky Q multi room set up approx 6 weeks ago. The box upstairs is about 10 ft from a sky fitted booster box but the tv keeps going to blue screen approx 12 times a day and  something is not fit for purpose. I have spent hours on the phone and have yet to speak to a human, what else can i do as I am on the point of cancelling the lot as it really is not fit for purpose. Grateful for any help please.

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 6

Re: Sky Q box trips out approx 12 times a day

@quickfinger wrote:

Hi all my husband and I are both elderly and disabled and we had a sky Q multi room set up approx 6 weeks ago. The box upstairs is about 10 ft from a sky fitted booster box but the tv keeps going to blue screen approx 12 times a day and  something is not fit for purpose. I have spent hours on the phone and have yet to speak to a human, what else can i do as I am on the point of cancelling the lot as it really is not fit for purpose. Grateful for any help please.

Only thing you can do is phone Sky and get an engineer visit

Best time to phone is first thing and you just have to wait until you get put through. Don’t settle for anything less than an engineer visit 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 6

@quickfinger wrote:

You need to persevere in contacting Sky to get them to come out and sort it for you.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 4 of 6

@quickfinger

I suggest you try contacting Sky via their Accessibility Department.  Although faults are not strictly within their remit, they may be better able to help in your particular circumstances than the more general call center.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Researcher
Post 5 of 6

Timmy ,

Thanks so much, I got through to the accesability section and they were very helpful indeed and have arranged an engineer for Wednesday.

Have a good day, cheers Irene.

Researcher
Post 6 of 6

Timmy  all sorted with a booster box this morning. ALL GOOD.

Recommended Threads
Courtxo 2 minutes ago 10:48 PM
13 minutes ago 10:37 PM
Oracle 22 minutes ago 10:28 PM
27 minutes ago 10:23 PM
28 minutes ago 10:21 PM