Discussion topic: Sky Q box regulary loses internet connection.

This message was authored by Graham22 This message was authored by: Graham22

Re: Sky Q box regulary loses internet connection.

Shocking service. I'll just have to wait and see if my improvement is permanent.

This message was authored by Loubert This message was authored by: Loubert

I have the same issue True speed working finebut Sky Q box has been losing connection regularly for a week or so and now it is happening all the time and unable to watch more than 5 mins  of a program, which is very frustrating as currently off work and unable to do much due to medical reasons. Any help would be welcome, 

This message was authored by elmstar This message was authored by: elmstar

I have a wired connection and am having the same issue. The box just loses it's internet connection.

I keep having to reset the network connection and sometimes it takes two or three goes for it to realise that it does actually have an internet connection.

This is happening more and more recently and is very annoying. Is there a fix?

This message was authored by Spitty30 This message was authored by: Spitty30

They gave me a sky booster to fool the sky into thinking I have sky broadband which has helped a bit but I shouldn't have to switch broadband provider to fix it as its never happened before so they are sending engineer out again shortly to put a direct connection in from router to sky box. I'll let you know if that's the only fix. So many of us complaining so must be something their end as I've been with my other provider for over 18 months and never has this issue until now.  ?! 

Are you with sky broadband? 

This message was authored by elmstar2 This message was authored by: elmstar2

No, I'm with Vodafone. There are no internet connection problems at all, the issue is with the Q Box.

Sky's service for anything other than your bog standard TV is just awful. I couldn't even log in to post this reply without creating a new alias!

Same here. No issues with my internet at all. Driving me nuts connecting all the time. 

They told me to do that too and made no difference. 

This message was authored by bigfatron This message was authored by: bigfatron

I was on wired for a couple of years, then moved a load of stuff around due to decorating and decided to ditch the cable and try going the WiFi route. It was fine for a few days and then the box tonight started saying there was no network connection.

The curious thing is though that my Ubiquiti router thought the Sky Q box was connected to it OK.  Resetting the connection at the Q Box end didn't improve things. Signal is absolutely not an issue (router is 5ft away and I can get a solid connection with absolutely any other device anywhere in the house and even at the bottom of the garden).  So i've chalked it up to the software on the Q box being flaky (I seem to remember there were issues before I initally went the cabled route) and just reverted to using a cabled connection.

It's about a month since I updated my SkyQ software at the suggestion of YouFibre and I've had no more problems with loss of broadband connection.  Not sure how much help this is to everyone else.

I have tried updating software, setting changes you name they have told me to do it. So many complaints it must be a sky q issue on boxing reckon. Had new box but same hapened so added a sky booster which has helped but I don't think it's downloading programmes as fast and since it hasn't done it before I think an update their end has caused so many of us to have issues. ?! 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Graham22 wrote:

It's about a month since I updated my SkyQ software at the suggestion of YouFibre and I've had no more problems with loss of broadband connection.  Not sure how much help this is to everyone else.

What version where you on and what are you on now?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@elmstar wrote:

I have a wired connection and am having the same issue. The box just loses it's internet connection.

I keep having to reset the network connection and sometimes it takes two or three goes for it to realise that it does actually have an internet connection.

This is happening more and more recently and is very annoying. Is there a fix?

Did you disable wifi on the box?

This message was authored by Gaz1 This message was authored by: Gaz1

Glad I see others are suffering the same problem I have been having. I don't mean that in a bad way but that it must be a Sky problem and not just me.

MIne was fine until I upgraded my Virgin Media Hub. Then noticed Sky Q constantly dropping the signal. Having called Virgin thinking it was the Hub, they explained that if my laptop, phone, Nest etc do not drop their connection and that all checks state their are no problems with the Hub it is a Sky problem.

A Sky engineer was booked for yesterday 2 weeks ago but they were a No Show. Sky did not know why no one attended. So the Tech guy took me through a Software Update and It reconnected by itself. I thought that was the problem solved as it stayed connected all day yesterday but this morning....Connection dropped. 

Been on to Sky again this morning and they are sending a new SkyQ box but reading above that is not a guaranteed fix either...Nightmare!

This message was authored by elmstar2 This message was authored by: elmstar2

Yeah, pretty sure it's their software that's causing the problem!

I'm on Q220.000.23.00L(51rk0s) but I'm not sure which software version previously

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion