Discussion topic: Sky Q box regulary loses internet connection.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Sky Q box regulary loses internet connection.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lemondrops wrote:

I did this and it worked. However, go to switch on and complete black screen, like its frozen. Have turned off at plug, main box etc.  Nothing 🙈 

please help!

Does the Q box come on if you ohysically press the power button? Might just need to resync the remote

This message was authored by smudge291 This message was authored by: smudge291

I'm plugged into my router from sky q box and it drops out every 5 seconds then comes back on continuously. All devices are the same. Sky broadband are saying my speeds are below standard but is working but also they said my devices keep dropping off the system them come back online! No sign of a engineer and can't watch and apps. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@smudge291 wrote:

I'm plugged into my router from sky q box and it drops out every 5 seconds then comes back on continuously. All devices are the same. Sky broadband are saying my speeds are below standard but is working but also they said my devices keep dropping off the system them come back online! No sign of a engineer and can't watch and apps. 

Is wifi disabled?

and what speed connection does your router say it has to the internet?

To be honest I've spent hrs in n the phone to sky ! I fed up off it all. I have a video on what's it's doing. Openreach are doing work outside in fibre ! I'm currently on copper. Please send a engineer 

It's not disabled no. It's been fine for years. Nothing has changed. We get 34 mbps 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion