Discussion topic: Sky Q box not connecting to internet even after factory reset

This message was authored by Fima This message was authored by: Fima

Sky Q box not connecting to internet even after factory reset

Hi all, network guy here! Have a Sky Q box which is hard wired. Network has stopped working on the box, shows connection to the router but not the Internet. This is a Ubiquiti Amplifi mesh on FTTP. All other devices in the house are fine (big house, lots of other devices). Amplifi rebooted, patch cable changed, lan cable tested OK with laptop. I have reset network using engineer menu. I have factory reset the box. It gets an IP but never gets Internet. I changed to WiFi, it connects to the Internet but loses connection once trying to access demand TV and goes back to no Internet. Amplifi has no firewall so its not blocking, I cannot ping the sky q box on the lan.

Is this a broken sky q box? If so, how do you get a replacement these days?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q box not connecting to internet even after factory reset

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Fima 

How have you carried out the Network reset.

If you tried to do this in the Hidden menu you probably carried out a Reset Settings which does not reset the Network.

Network Reset is  found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
With the Ethernet connected Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect wired to 3rd party router.
Do not carry out any WPS and just wait for the Q box to connect.

Fima
Topic Author

Hiya, yes did exactly that and when it didn't work I factory reset the whole thing which kills all config including network settings. Have tried using wired option and third party wireless and neither of those worked with the exception the WiFi connected initially and then broke again.

This message was authored by robbiemckuk This message was authored by: robbiemckuk

I have very similar issues. Works for a few days and then everything needs to be switched off and on. Everything else in the house has access to the internet via mesh and fibre to the house. Tried wired, non-wired, different channel options in setup.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fima wrote:

Is this a broken sky q box? If so, how do you get a replacement these days?

Log an issue with Sky, but don't mention the Ubiquiti kit.

If a replacement box is the same then you'll know where to look next.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Fima
Topic Author

Thanks all, Sky are now replacing the box.

This message was authored by Ron21 This message was authored by: Ron21

I have the same issue. sky are visitng for the 5th time in 6 weeks!

This message was authored by Sal136 This message was authored by: Sal136

I have the same issue - but it happened after I signed up for a newer broadband package not due until mid September - they said they couldn't call and engineer out for my current broadband that isn't working - unless I cancelled the new broadband first - I asked if engineer could just upgrade package earlier if he was coming out anyway - apparently not .  So cancelled order and still awaiting call back for engineer have had issues for over a week and work from home - I genuinely don't know which way to turn - any advice appreciated 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion