Discussion topic: Sky Q - being phased out?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Is Sky discontining Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fidel+59 

Realistically, local recording isn't likely to be a thing going into the next decade: it's something the rights owners were always reluctant to permit, and now have a way to eliminate and make us all reliant on keeping subscriptions going in perpetuity.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Fidel+59 wrote:

Then that's no good to me. 

This is kind of the whole point of this thread. But at some point in the next 5-10 years you'll have to put up with it.

@No+sir+it+was+him wrote:

@Fidel+59 

It's not something I'm willing to pay £30 extra a month for!

My current package is £80 pm for Q only, no broadband, cheapest renewal offer so far £113.

If I can get Stream for between £75 and £85 I can live with the lack of recordings. I've had too many problems with 2TB boxes over the last few years anyway.

I'm been waiting since May last year for a box capable of watching iPlayer in UHD losing Glastonbury recordings every two years is a pain in the proverbial.

Why don't you just cancel and place a new order for Stream?

edit: did the title of this thread just change? Glad to see the mis-spelling disappear, 😄

This message was authored by No+sir+it+was+him This message was authored by: No+sir+it+was+him

@Chodley 

Believe me I tried a few times. All the agents would discuss was selling Sky Glass. It was the same using the online route.

No new customer deals on Stream will be offered, the cheapest I saw was £99 Vs  £76 as a new customer. Ordering via EE has even less discount.

In the end I renewed Q, but had to make four calls to get just about the same price as my expiring deals.

This message was authored by No+sir+it+was+him This message was authored by: No+sir+it+was+him

@Chodley 

Sorry, when I say "no new customer deals", I mean that they won't match new customer prices if switching from Q to Stream.

@No+sir+it+was+him wrote:

@Chodley 

Sorry, when I say "no new customer deals", I mean that they won't match new customer prices if switching from Q to Stream.

And if you cancel and then re-sign for Stream they recognise you?

@Chodley 

Yep, it's normally 18 months before you get classified as a new customer again. Retentions will probably call you before then though.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion