Sky Q app won’t connect to my Sky Q box.

Runner
Post 1 of 33

Sky Q app won’t connect to my Sky Q box.

My SKy Q app has never connected to my Sky Q box. Strangely I can use Sky Go and my old Sky+ App can see the Sky Q box so I have no doubt that my tablet can identify the Sky Q box via the router.  Ive done all the router and box resetting and I’ve deleted and reloaded the Sky Q app without success. I’ve also reactivated the settings in Sky Q on the TV. Nothing seems to work.

Tony S
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 33

Re: Sky Q app won’t connect to my Sky Q box.

@Morairaman wrote:

My SKy Q app has never connected to my Sky Q box. Strangely I can use Sky Go and my old Sky+ box can see the Sky Q box. Ive done all the router and box resetting, deleted and reloaded the Sky Q app without success. I’ve also reactivated the settings in Sky Q on the TV. Nothing seems to work.

Hi @Morairaman What device are you using and do you have multi screen?

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Runner
Post 3 of 33

I’m using an iPad mini and I have a master Sky Q box plus two slaves in different rooms.

Tony S
Oracle
Post 4 of 33

@Morairaman wrote:

I’m using an iPad mini and I have a master Sky Q box plus two slaves in different rooms.

I presume it is running iOS 9 or later and is not jail broken?

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Runner
Post 5 of 33

It’s running 12.1 and I bought it legally 👍

Tony S
Runner
Post 6 of 33

Hi Tony,

I have exactly the same issue, I used to be able to access SKY Q via my iPad & iPhone, then I think it was after an update that it stopped working.  My old Sky+ app tells me I've Sky Q and to use the Sky Q app (good tip), but every time it searches I get the "search again" message.  I've got the app enabled in my Sky Q settings, have re-set/re-enabled in the settings, I've deleted the app and reinstalled on both ipad/iphone, and completely turned off / disconnected my Sky Q box etc.  I wasn't sure if there was a factory re-set option that may be worth trying?

I have the latest Apple updates installed. I have one mini box with multiroom which works fine.

Did you resolve your issue? and if so, how?

I was beginning to think my Sky Q box was faulty until I tried the Sky+ app to check the box is clearly available for connection, but it seems just not to the Sky Q app....

Thanks

Paul.

Runner
Post 7 of 33

Unfortunately Paul I have received no guidance to correct this issue. What surprises me is that Sky either have no idea or don’t want to get involved in areas like this. I think it detracts from their product and they should give better support for these issues. It’s not good enough to put an App out to enhance their product and then wash their hands of it. 

Tony S
Runner
Post 8 of 33

Thanks Tony,

That's a pity, looks like other users are having the same problem without any real support or solution from Sky either.

I'll keep searching in case anyone has been able to solve it in the forums.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Runner
Post 9 of 33

Best of luck Paul. Let us all know if you make any progress. 

Merry Christmas

tony

Tony S
Oracle
Post 10 of 33

@12Kestrel wrote:

Hi Tony,

I have exactly the same issue, I used to be able to access SKY Q via my iPad & iPhone, then I think it was after an update that it stopped working.  My old Sky+ app tells me I've Sky Q and to use the Sky Q app (good tip), but every time it searches I get the "search again" message.  I've got the app enabled in my Sky Q settings, have re-set/re-enabled in the settings, I've deleted the app and reinstalled on both ipad/iphone, and completely turned off / disconnected my Sky Q box etc.  I wasn't sure if there was a factory re-set option that may be worth trying?

I have the latest Apple updates installed. I have one mini box with multiroom which works fine.

Did you resolve your issue? and if so, how?

I was beginning to think my Sky Q box was faulty until I tried the Sky+ app to check the box is clearly available for connection, but it seems just not to the Sky Q app....

Thanks

Paul.

Hi @12Kestrel I presume you are trying to connect to your SKYQ App to you SKYQ box on your home broadband network?

Runner
Post 11 of 33

Hi, yes thats right, I'm on my wifi broadband network, do you have a solution?

Thanks

Paul

Oracle
Post 12 of 33

@12Kestrel wrote:

Hi, yes thats right, I'm on my wifi broadband network, do you have a solution?

Thanks

Paul

Hi @12Kestrel have you tried to reactivate your app in settings on your SKYQ box?

Runner
Post 13 of 33

I’ve certainly used settings to reactivate the App but to no avail.

Tony S
Runner
Post 14 of 33

I have, a couple of times now, and re-set my router connection, deleted and re-downloaded the app, still no luck.  I've also unregisterd my devices (I can have up to 4) in my sky app, and still the app s/w says searching, not found....

Runner
Post 15 of 33

Have had same issues since yesterday. Did an apple update yesterday. We’ve reset network on Q box and now have no catchup etc. Was connected via Ethernet/network plug...but have tried WiFi as well. Would be interested to know if you find solution as sounds similar. 

Recommended Threads
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM