Sky Q and new BT Smart Hub 2 connection issues

Runner
Post 31 of 37

Re: Sky Q and new BT Smart Hub 2 connection issues

@Steve+Holme wrote:

Solved: BT Smart Hub 2. Turn wireless mode to mode 2 on the BT router and set 5hz to channel 48. Then it works

Thanks that worked for me, the constantly dropping connection was driving me mad

Researcher
Post 32 of 37

Mode 1 is the fastest mode 2 second and 3 is slowest but most stable. If you are experiencing issues drop it to Wi-fi mode 3. I have found that even without splitting the 2.4 and 5 hz signal I am completely stable on mode 2 but try mode 2. Dropping down the Wi-fi modes have always sorted the issue. I know it’s frustrating but stick with it as mine is stable and fast and I have 2 kids constantly on line also. 

Researcher
Post 33 of 37

Cheers fella I’m on mode 3 and have connected the black disc to the Sky Q, and so far that has resolved the issues. 

Researcher
Post 34 of 37

Have you also set the 5Ghz channel at 48 and not SMART setting?  Make sure it’s not channel 36 and the sky q mesh uses that channel to communicate to each other. 

Researcher
Post 35 of 37

So far I’ve not had to do anything else, however I will keep  that in mind if it’s starts going wrong again. 

Runner
Post 36 of 37

This will resolve issue with Sky q mini box connection issues with BT Smart Hub 2. The network settings are the problem. Firstly go to your hubs settings online and turn off Smart Setup, then proceed as follows.  

Take note on a piece of paper of your routers address eg 192.168.1. - - - , you will need this. Go to your main Sky Q box go to Settings/Network connection. Press network setup and press advanced settings. You will see the IP address write that on a piece of paper. Then press set manually you will see IP address,subnet mask router and dns server. Don’t worry about subnet mask.You should see that both the router and dns server are identical again write then on a piece of paper. The IP address will have the same numbers in the first 3 boxes  , but the final box will be different than the router and dns server eg if router is 260 as the numbers in the final box ,IP address final 3 numbers might be 258,this is Important when setting your mini sky q box. Return main box to normal then go to the sky q mini box and follow the same procedure as above to manual settings. Change from automatic to manual settings and make sure that the router and dns server are the same as taken from main Sky q box . For the IP address make sure that it is not the same as main box or router eg if main box final 3 numbers are 258 put the final 3 numbers as 259 not the same as router or higher than router eg 260. Your IP address is always less than routers last three numbers. Press confirm and your sky q mini box within 30 seconds will be working perfectly again.

Runner
Post 37 of 37

When the new Smart Hub and Disc arrived I removed the tp-link extenders and setup as per the instructions received. All good on day 1 but since have had to reset every morning. Reading through this thread and being an OAP and not too techy I decided to put the two tp-link extenders back reconnecting to the BT Hub and the main Sky Q Box via ethernet. Fingers crossed but that seems to be working well.

Recommended Threads
3 minutes ago 02:59 PM
Oracle 7 minutes ago 02:55 PM
7 minutes ago 02:54 PM
Oracle 12 minutes ago 02:49 PM
16 minutes ago 02:46 PM