Discussion topic: Sky Q Pin number entry on movies

This message was authored by Cat1967 This message was authored by: Cat1967

Sky Q Pin number entry on movies

Is there a way to stop the Sky Q box from asking for a PIN number when going onto Movie channels?

I have already switched off all of the parental settings which appear to control this functionality, but it still asks me to enter a PIN every time I go to a movie channel (unless the movie is a kids one).

Our kids have moved out so I don't need to be asked to enter my pin every time I go onto a non U movie.

Best Answers
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS Answer

Re: Sky Q Pin number entry on movies

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cat1967 There is no way to turn it off before 9pm, that's due to Ofcom and their mandatory daytime pin requirement

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS Answer

@Cat1967 There is no way to turn it off before 9pm, that's due to Ofcom and their mandatory daytime pin requirement

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Cat1967 wrote:

Is there a way to stop the Sky Q box from asking for a PIN number when going onto Movie channels?

I have already switched off all of the parental settings which appear to control this functionality, but it still asks me to enter a PIN every time I go to a movie channel (unless the movie is a kids one).

Our kids have moved out so I don't need to be asked to enter my pin every time I go onto a non U movie.

You can't stop the requirement, but you could set your pin to something simple to enter e.g. 1111

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion