Sky Q Mini Box and UHD

Camera Operator
Post 16 of 20

Re: Sky Q Mini Box and UHD

@ianthejock wrote:

So by the first screen shot if you are watching a uhd film or program then the implication is you can carry on watching it!!!

That's my point. 

@ianthejock 😂 No it's not, it doesn't mention anything about UHD in the first screenshot, and if you have misinterpreted that then you've obviously not done your research, because if you had you would know that you can only get UHD on the main box and thus be unable to do the whole pause in one room and go to another with UHD. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I have helped you in anyway or have spoken sense, please give me a like.

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Oracle
Post 17 of 20

@ianthejock wrote:

So by the first screen shot if you are watching a uhd film or program then the implication is you can carry on watching it!!!

That's my point. 

Except it doesn't 

Executive Producer
Post 18 of 20

@ianthejockunfortunately even the first screen is a bit creative with its wording. Yes you can pause a recording and continue from another box (not UHD) however you can't pause live programmes and carry on watching on another box unless you record first.

This is another case of Sky not letting a good marketing phrase "fluid viewing" get in the way of reality.

Unfortunately you will never be able to carry on at a second box with UHD, if you want to do this often all you can do is record in HD.

Camera Operator
Post 19 of 20

@bob1234 wrote:

@ianthejockunfortunately even the first screen is a bit creative with its wording. Yes you can pause a recording and continue from another box (not UHD) however you can't pause live programmes and carry on watching on another box unless you record first.

This is another case of Sky not letting a good marketing phrase "fluid viewing" get in the way of reality.

Unfortunately you will never be able to carry on at a second box with UHD, if you want to do this often all you can do is record in HD.

@bob1234 wrote:

@bob1234 As i said in my other post, the wording on this isn't great, Sky should change how it is decribed. Yes you can pause in one room and take up in another but not how sky said you can. they do need to word this better so as it still sounds appealing to new customers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I have helped you in anyway or have spoken sense, please give me a like.

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Producer
Post 20 of 20

The screenshot shown of the fluid viewing description makes no mention that you need to either be watching a recording or recording what you are watching. Also, there is a BUG in fluid viewing.

The other day I was watching a recording. I paued it and picked it up on my iPad. I then went back to watch it where I left it paused. I then hit the back button and went to watch the program. It then started from whereI had left it paused. So how do you watch the paused program from where you left off from the other viewing? I don't think you can. I think this is a BUG. Someone please prove me wrong.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Recommended Threads