Sky Q Mini Box and UHD

Boom Operator
Post 1 of 20

Sky Q Mini Box and UHD

We have a SKYQ 2TB box so we can watch in UHD, so sky promote fluid viewing and the implication is we can stop watching a program in UHD in the room our main box is connected in and then carry on watching it on our mini box. This however doesn't happen as our mini box says it doesn't have UHD capability? Should it have UHD capability or not? If not then surely the whole fluid viewing thing is a fallacy.

All Replies
Camera Operator
Post 2 of 20

Re: Sky Q Mini Box and UHD

@ianthejock wrote:

We have a SKYQ 2TB box so we can watch in UHD, so sky promote fluid viewing and the implication is we can stop watching a program in UHD in the room our main box is connected in and then carry on watching it on our mini box. This however doesn't happen as our mini box says it doesn't have UHD capability? Should it have UHD capability or not? If not then surely the whole fluid viewing thing is a fallacy.

Sky don't promote fluid viewing with UHD. only non UHD and even then you have to start recording for it to then pick up where you left off on another box.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

If I have helped you in anyway or have spoken sense, please give me a like.

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Camera Operator
Post 3 of 20

@whiteonline wrote:

@ianthejock wrote:

Sky don't promote fluid viewing with UHD. only non UHD and even then you have to start recording for it to then pick up where you left off on another box.

@ianthejock and no the mini boxes don't support UHD and not likely to for a while.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround Sound System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Oracle
Oracle
Post 4 of 20

@ianthejock wrote:

The mini box is physically unable to support UHD programmes I’m afraid.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Boom Operator
Post 5 of 20

So basically the whole sky you can watch one programme and then pause it and watch in another room is crap. It says on the website blurb "Pause your show in one room and continue in another, take your recordings with you and enjoy UHD." So if you watch an UHD program pause it and watch it in another room you can't presumably unless you have another sky 2TB box. Fluid programming it is not.

Oracle
Post 6 of 20

@ianthejock wrote:

So basically the whole sky you can watch one programme and then pause it and watch in another room is crap.

No, it just doesn't apply to UHD. 

@ianthejock wrote:
So if you watch an UHD program pause it and watch it in another room you can't presumably unless you have another sky 2TB box. 

More than one main Q box isn't allowed by the system design, and Sky will not supply more than one.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Oracle
Post 7 of 20

@ianthejock wrote:

So basically the whole sky you can watch one programme and then pause it and watch in another room is crap. It says on the website blurb "Pause your show in one room and continue in another, take your recordings with you and enjoy UHD." So if you watch an UHD program pause it and watch it in another room you can't presumably unless you have another sky 2TB box. Fluid programming it is not.

Hi @ianthejock Please link the page where you claim it states you can have fluid viewing with UHD content. We can then notify Sky so they can change it. 

Camera Operator
Post 8 of 20

@Dazzasky wrote:

@ianthejock wrote:

Hi @ianthejock Please link the page where you claim it states you can have fluid viewing with UHD content. We can then notify Sky so they can change it. 

@Dazzasky in 2 years of perusing Sky's website most days I have never seen such advertisement and if I had of done I would have reported it to Sky. I think it is some confusion in what the OP has read. 

Oracle
Post 9 of 20

@whiteonline wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@ianthejock wrote:

@Dazzasky in 2 years of perusing Sky's website most days I have never seen such advertisement and if I had of done I would have reported it to Sky. I think it is some confusion in what the OP has read. 

Hence my request to post the link 😉

Camera Operator
Post 10 of 20

@ianthejock wrote:

I will admit that the whole pause in one room and pickup in another room is misleading and very much wrong and sky should reword it. But it doesn't say you can do that with UHD content, why would it because Sky know only 1 box can view the UHD content.

Camera Operator
Post 11 of 20

@Dazzasky wrote:
Hence my request to post the link 😉

@Dazzasky absolutely,  I was just reassuring you, not that you needed it 😉😂

Boom Operator
Post 12 of 20

If you look at what i quoted then you can go find it yourself.

Camera Operator
Post 13 of 20

@ianthejock wrote:

If you look at what i quoted then you can go find it yourself.

@ianthejock what you quoted isn't saying you can pause UHD in one room and take up in another room,  its just saying you can also enjoyed UHD. Which I assume means you're looking at the bit where it's promoting the 2tb box. 

Camera Operator
Post 14 of 20

2 screenshots for you, neither say what you are suggesting.

Screenshot_20190111-204252_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190111-204234_Chrome.jpg

Boom Operator
Post 15 of 20

So by the first screen shot if you are watching a uhd film or program then the implication is you can carry on watching it!!!

That's my point. 

Recommended Threads
ErniePernie 41 seconds ago 03:44 PM
9 minutes ago 03:35 PM
11 minutes ago 03:34 PM
Vetty67 11 minutes ago 03:33 PM
Oracle 15 minutes ago 03:29 PM