Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

Answered
Go to Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 1 of 5

Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

Hi everyone. πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ

First of all I hope y'all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2019! πŸ‘πŸ»

Memories of my old Sky + HD box are getting very foggy so I'm probably wrong but I thought that when live broadcasts (which were being recorded) went on longer than scheduled the box would continue recording. 

I record a lot of live sport with my Sky Q 2TB box and it never continues to record if a broadcast overruns it's time slot. 

I looked for options to make it automatically keep recording andΓΎor add 'x' amount of minutes to the end recordings but so far as I know there aren't any.

So.... should it continue to record when programs overrun? 

Many thanks in advance. 😊

Best Answers
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 5

Re: Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

@everway9 wrote:

First of all I hope y'all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2019! πŸ‘πŸ»

Memories of my old Sky + HD box are getting very foggy so I'm probably wrong but I thought that when live broadcasts (which were being recorded) went on longer than scheduled the box would continue recording. 

I record a lot of live sport with my Sky Q 2TB box and it never continues to record if a broadcast overruns it's time slot. 

I looked for options to make it automatically keep recording andΓΎor add 'x' amount of minutes to the end recordings but so far as I know there aren't any.

If it’s that important and likely to run on record the program afterwards. There is no manual record on Sky Q 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
All Replies
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 5

Re: Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

@everway9 wrote:

If it’s that important and likely to run on record the program afterwards. There is no manual record on Sky Q 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Oracle
Post 3 of 5

Hi @everway9 the broadcaster should adjust the record times on the fly if their shows overrun but many don't especially overnight so @skinner1965's suggestion is a good one. 

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 5

@skinner1965 wrote:

Hi @skinner1965 and thanks for your post. 😊

Oh yeah... it's of the upmost importance! πŸ˜€

Recording the programs after is what I shall do from here on.

Cheers. 😊

Post 5 of 5

@Chrisee wrote:

Hi @everway9 the broadcaster should adjust the record times on the fly if their shows overrun but many don't especially overnight so @skinner1965's suggestion is a good one. 

Hi @Chrisee and cheers for your post. 😊

Recently that broadcaster has been Sky Sports. Both the live HD and UHD broadcasts of the PDC World Darts Championship. 

But yeah... I'll start recording the programs after 

πŸ‘πŸ»

13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM