Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Camera Assistant
Post 1 of 10

Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

Hi everyone. πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ

First of all I hope y'all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2019! πŸ‘πŸ»

Memories of my old Sky + HD box are getting very foggy so I'm probably wrong but I thought that when live broadcasts (which were being recorded) went on longer than scheduled the box would continue recording. 

I record a lot of live sport with my Sky Q 2TB box and it never continues to record if a broadcast overruns it's time slot. 

I looked for options to make it automatically keep recording andΓΎor add 'x' amount of minutes to the end recordings but so far as I know there aren't any.

So.... should it continue to record when programs overrun? 

Many thanks in advance. 😊

Best Answers
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 10

Re: Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

@everway9 wrote:

First of all I hope y'all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2019! πŸ‘πŸ»

Memories of my old Sky + HD box are getting very foggy so I'm probably wrong but I thought that when live broadcasts (which were being recorded) went on longer than scheduled the box would continue recording. 

I record a lot of live sport with my Sky Q 2TB box and it never continues to record if a broadcast overruns it's time slot. 

I looked for options to make it automatically keep recording andΓΎor add 'x' amount of minutes to the end recordings but so far as I know there aren't any.

If it’s that important and likely to run on record the program afterwards. There is no manual record on Sky Q 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
All Replies
Answer
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 10

Re: Sky Q 2TB box - Recording live broadcasts when they overruns their time slot.

@everway9 wrote:

If it’s that important and likely to run on record the program afterwards. There is no manual record on Sky Q 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Oracle
Post 3 of 10

Hi @everway9 the broadcaster should adjust the record times on the fly if their shows overrun but many don't especially overnight so @skinner1965's suggestion is a good one. 

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 10

@skinner1965 wrote:

Hi @skinner1965 and thanks for your post. 😊

Oh yeah... it's of the upmost importance! πŸ˜€

Recording the programs after is what I shall do from here on.

Cheers. 😊

Post 5 of 10

@Chrisee wrote:

Hi @everway9 the broadcaster should adjust the record times on the fly if their shows overrun but many don't especially overnight so @skinner1965's suggestion is a good one. 

Hi @Chrisee and cheers for your post. 😊

Recently that broadcaster has been Sky Sports. Both the live HD and UHD broadcasts of the PDC World Darts Championship. 

But yeah... I'll start recording the programs after 

πŸ‘πŸ»

Post 6 of 10

Just wish I had kept my SkyHD box. Nothing but hassle with the Q boxes and don’t get me started on the remotes. I keep exiting instead of going back . WHY TRY TO FIX SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BROKEN ???

Executive Producer
Post 7 of 10

@WallaceE81 wrote:

Just wish I had kept my SkyHD box. Nothing but hassle with the Q boxes and don’t get me started on the remotes. I keep exiting instead of going back . WHY TRY TO FIX SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BROKEN ???

What hassle are you having?. The idea of the forum is to help those that are having problems rather than just people posting moans with no detail! 

Oracle
Post 8 of 10

@WallaceE81 wrote:

Hi @WallaceE81 SKY Q and SKY+ HD are totally seperate systems, so the design of the SKQ remotes are not a "fix" from the old SKY+ system, but a new design to compliment the SKYQ system.

I admit moving from the old SKY+ remote to the new Q designed one does take a little time, but I got used to it!

You can always buy from accessability a remote which is based on the old style SKY+ remote that works with SKYQ.

https://accessibility.sky.com/support-sky-q/tv-sky-q/sky-q-accessibility-remote-sky-q/

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 10

Creating one that is similar to the +HD one does seem an admission that the standard one is not suitable for all, there was previously no need for one.

Producer
Post 10 of 10

@bob1234 wrote:

Creating one that is similar to the +HD one does seem an admission that the standard one is not suitable for all, there was previously no need for one.

Some people find it harder to hold the Q remotes as they are smaller and thinner and the buttons closer together. Those that have a disability or arthritis can find this to be so and the old remote is easier to use.
Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Recommended Threads
7 minutes ago 02:59 PM
Oracle 11 minutes ago 02:55 PM
11 minutes ago 02:54 PM
Oracle 16 minutes ago 02:49 PM
20 minutes ago 02:46 PM